Well I got a picture of my work in a magazine.

Discussion in 'General' started by jungleman420, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Dad called me tuesday night to tell me I had one of my models featured in a magazine. The car was a 39 Chevy custom with 57 chevy accents. It took me 6 years to complete but was worth it. It won a top 15 trophy in Birmingham and there was 300 cars there this year. Link to the album on my site.

Magizine coverage

2. looks really cool man, awesome job

3. Thanks man. Ive wanted that for a few years and it finally happened along with winning at a major show.

4. Congrats, OP! That looks like a sick ride!

+ rep for such an achievement!

5. dumb question but didnt the magazine have to get permission from you before using your artwork?

6. congrads on the awesome achievement brother!

7. Fantastic work!!

Congratulations :cool:

8. They laid a card out beside the model wanting to photograph it. When I let them photograph it I gave them permission. For me its an accomplishment greater than none I have done before.

The model, magazine, and trophy all live in my display cabinet. Ive won alot of awards before but nothing like being reconized as a top builder in the country. If anyone looked else where in the gallery some of my dads models have been featured in the same magazine just in 2002 and 2003. Me and him still build together from time to time be exact heading that way now with a model in hand.

9. Nice dude, I also enjoy the art of model cars.

I have a couple on my shelf, I did with custom paint and parts. An old Willys Coupe, with Mickey Thompson drag slicks, hot rod exhaust, and plug wires.

I am glad you got recognized man, that Chevy is sick.

10. nice way to post ya full name mate!
    maybe use the blur tool on it ehh!

nice model too JV.

11. hes has a point OP.

besides that
    congratulations:)