Well, GC, It's been fun...

Discussion in 'General' started by rnc3147, Jul 14, 2009.

1. A few days ago I got another possession charge. Chances are, given my clean record (I have had previous possession charges which were removed from my record) I will be able to have the simple possession charge expunged from my record...

I have done a lot of hard thinking, and have decided that, at least during this period of my life, the negative legal consequences of using marijuana make its recreational use difficult and not very feasible.

I should've seen it coming, as I have had several close calls within the past month. Unfortunately, the state of South Carolina has a fucked up judicial system with stiff penalties for having, in my case, merely 3.5 grams. I am not stopping [indefinitely] because of "experiencing negative side effects"...

I am stopping because I wish to continue recieving scholarship money, and don't want a few blemishes on my criminal record to cause me difficulty finding a job and building a career outside of school.

Once I get shit straightened out, I hope to sometime enjoy it again. Once I'm out of college, I'll probably move back to New York where cops aren't such pricks and a little bit of bud won't get you locked up and released on bail. It is a shame that our corrupt legal system and it's draconian laws made me have to come to this decision...

...But enough rambling... It's been a fun time, and in retrospect, non, je ne regrette rien.

Peace and love blades.

2. good choise, its always good to put your well being before getting high

3. Thing that sucks is, my goodbye to mary is bittersweet. It's sad that it's come to me choosing my future or something I enjoy doing for recreation.

4. OP it's great to see you have enough self control to realise when enough is enough. However, I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances you've stopped in. Good luck with college and I hope you find yourself in a comfortable position to use the herb sooner rather than later :).

Will you still be browsing the forums or are you also having a break from that?

Enjoy your day and easy living :)

5. I'm surprised to read your post on here and see some self control. I read lots of post of people that really need to stop smoking for reasons similar to yours yet they refuse to and act as if weed is heroin and impossible to quit. Feel bad for you man but im sure everything will turn out good for you since you seem like a responsible person with his priorities straight. Im sure you will get opportunites to smoke under safe situations and you should enjoy them when they come ur way. Hopefully we'll all be able to smoke freely without any negative repercussions.

6. It's actually quite ironic... I'll probably be roaming around these forums more now than when I did blaze, since I'll need something to occupy my time before the next semester starts.

There have been times in the past where I've "stopped" because of my parents and shit like that, but this decision is one I made on my own.

7. Thanks man, and thank you for all the positive responses. I had to take some time and do some serious soul-searching. It's not like it's an addiction I have to kick, but there will be a pretty big void in my life, since many of the people I chill with blaze.

8. man thats sad to hear but i wish you all the best!

9. yea man i know what your saying. I was about to say that you can still chill with people that smoke but it also sucks to be the sober person in the room. Its like watching people have fun and you cant partake in it. Smoking weed is suppose to be something that is enjoyed and can change your life in a positive manner but if the negatives outweigh the positives then you have to really reconsider what your doing. Sadly the only negatives i have found that come from smoking weed is the damn laws on it and the repercussions of breaking those laws. Good luck though man.

10. Mad respect for you man, best wishes!

11. Any suggestions for what I should do to kill time this summer... That doesn't involve blazing? :confused:

12. This country is fucked up man.....meanwhile you could go to a liquor store and get enough to booze to kill several people....whether by alcohol poisoning or drunk driving. and you busted for having an 1/8 of something completely harmless and uselful.

13. Glad you're doing the responsible thing and taking a break. Good luck with all the legal crap you'll be going through soon.

I suggest building something(s) to kill time. One thing that definitely improves for me with less marijuana use is my dexerity. I've made a few things from instructables.com - check it out.

14. when I first got arrested I wasted hours in front of the tv when I got home from HS, but that I've graduated, I work 5 days a week, and workout every single day at the gym. It's the best thing I can do to keep my mind from straying in the direction.... but I still have those days where everything just seems to go wrong, and I really feel like I want to go home, call my dealer, and blaze... but you gotta just work past that.. chew some gum or something, haha.

15. dont be stupid and get caught, not tryin to be a dick but yeah.

16. Good luck man, hope it works out. GL this next bowl is for you and your future. :smoking:

17. sorry I didn't really read the story, but I've been told by a sheriff that nothing is ever cleaned off your record. it may not count against you, but they will always be able to see it on your record. lol not that that has any relevance to your story or anything...

18. Its been real man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdTYcnUBADw]YouTube - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance[/ame]

19. Update: I have to complete a program, which includes a few drug tests and what-not. Upon completion, I file to have my record expunged, so as for a criminal record, I'll have none (have a clean prior record, as well)

...as for the other comment, my recent possession charge really wasn't a result of me doing something stupid. I've done some stupid shit way back in the days, but I always am very careful.

...I'd like to thank everyone for the nice comments and support. Lately I've been doing some work on my dub, hitting up the gym and working... so yeah, it sucks, but I don't wanna fuck up my DTs

Court in a few days, too :rolleyes:

20. next hit goes out to you my friend :bongin: