Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Well, ain't this sumthin?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokinokie, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Once, a while back, this was my home away from home.......well....I guess my home while I was at home since I generally don't take my computer with me when I leave, but that's beside the point. Life and circumstances took me away from here and still keep me from coming back as often as I would like. I was shocked to see how the membership had skyrocketed so quickly. For me, back then, this place was much more than a weed forum. Weed was the thing that brought the clan that was here then together, but sharing our triumphs, tradgedies, faux pas', and partying thru our typing made this place home. Saddens me to see such a negative vibe running thru the place. But I have'nt been around to see what all has transpired, so I'll refrain from further comment.

So in an attempt to lighten things up a bit, it's time for a not really directly related about pot story, as this was my usual habit when I lived here.

For those of you who were'nt here, I coached girls softball for 5 years. My daughter was into the game and so was I. It's reached the point that it's about politics now so I've bowed out. Daughter bowed out this year. So I'm thinking, "Hey! I got my whole spring free to do what I want!" I have'nt touched a fishing pole in those 5 years! And fish fear me!

Then,
    One day at work, my only fellow stoner (that I know of) co worker came and asked me to help coach his coach pitch little league team. I told him I'd have to ponder on it. That night after a nice bowl, I started realizing how much I missed hanging around ballparks and kids. So, your talking to a twice retired yet active again coach of 13 boys ages 6-8.

How coach pitch works, (for those of you who don't know) it's just like regular baseball except a coach pitches to his team. Guess who seems to be the only person who can pitch to these midgets? Yep. You're looking at him. *waves*

We've had e'nuff practices that I'm reasonably confident in my ability to give them something to hit. But I still get a little case of the butterflies in the gut before games. We had opening day last Saturday with 2 mini-games. The first one went pretty well. I think we lost by 1 run, but who's keepin score? We had an 2 hours before the next game so I came home to eat. An ol' hippee friend stopped by with some of his extremely narcotic weed. I had 2 hits and headed back to the ballfield. During the drive I started realizing that 2 hits may have been 2 too many.

I get to the field almost late and have to pitch right away. So I put on my knee pad, (yeah, when I pitch to midgets I have to get down on one knee) and took the mound.

It's been a long time since I sooooo publicly humiliated myself. I could'nt throe to save my ass. We're talking hitting my batters, over their heads, behind them, in the dirt and everywhere in between. After the 1st inning, I pulled myself outta the game. My only comfort was that the dad that took over did'nt do much better.

I went by my co workers house after the game and had him give me a couple of balls to practice, apologized for letting the whole team down, and the next day I spent about 3 hours practicing.

It paid off. We played the same team that had witnessed my complete melt down the weekend before and stomped them 14-4! It was most grand. Everyone on our team got a hit. Some went 4 for 4! It's fun again!

I smoke after the games now.

It hurts to have a 6 year old tell you, "YOU SUCK!"

2. Hehe funny story man, smokinokie is one of the original blades, respect him bitches :D

Anyways, funny how when you might have lost "I think we lost by 1 run, but who's keepin score?" Yet when you won "We played the same team that had witnessed my complete melt down the weekend before and stomped them 14-4! It was most grand." Hehe, a little irony there :D

Anyways sounds like that weed was good, very good.. 2 hits and you were rendered incapable of tossing a ball 40 feet hehe :D

Anyways we need more amusing stories, presented in a mature manner, amusing tales like this is what I used to love about the city... smoke on smokinokie :smoke:

3. i have to agree with splifster....this is what we need more of on the forum, stories like this because they entertain me a bit more than all this other shit like **IMPORTANT*** please read,passed out from smoking pot....etc etc...thanks for the read smokinokie hope to see you around more from now on and by the way, nice to meet you

blaze on fellow blades :smoke:

4. Hehe, good idea ;)

That's cool that your coaching kids man! Its not so cool that you hit them with your wild pitching :p

LoL, welcome back man. :) You must have been here before my time 'cause I don't know ya :wave:

5. Coach Smokie...

How are you, the wife and the girls???

I do so miss your soft ball adventures...

That should be the name of your book.. The softball adventures of Smokin in the okie. LOL

6. Okie...I luv ya, man! Glad to see you around. :)

7. HIGH All, aahhhhh smokin..it is good to hear from you!!!!! I read your post and brought me back to a few years ago..when times were great and there was much love here in The City..Thanks for bringing me back to those days my Friend..it was much needed.

8. i missed those days :mad:

but i still like it here

9. this non negative attitude you speak of, would be nice to peek up on the forums again

10. lol, hey man nice to hear from you, not good that you're hitting kids with baseballs but nice to hear from you :smoke:

hope shit is going good for you man..I like to see a friendly face here in much needed times.

11. great story :D very very nice :D

when i joined....EVEN I NOTICED A RAPID amount of new users.....

yeah i got sad when some of the favorable posters were getting banned..:(

its life..

12. haha great story. i never smoke before i have to do anything, it just takes the fun out of getting high. when i'm high i just wanna chill, listen to music or watch movies and eat. i would hate going to work high, or school high, or even coach pitching a game.

13. Hi okie. heh. I can't do anything that requires serious thought or motor skills when I've had 2 too many.

Nice to meet you. Please tell me this isn't the end of pubic humiliation stories! Doesn't everything come in 3s? :p

14. I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL. Congrats, and welcome back.

15. + rep ...good story ....i always used to light up before a game made it so much more enjoyable

16. Wow... How'd I miss this? LOL... Glad to hear things are goin well for you friend. I don't know if you check in here at all anymore, but if you do get to read this - We miss you! I hope to see you around again. I always loved reading your posts. Never failed to bring a smile to my face.