Welcome to the year 3000 and a brave new world.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tootsie ~ blue, Nov 18, 2006.

1. I'm not too sure how much of a nutcase this guy is... It all sounds a little out there for me, but then again most people in the world have been considered nutcases when they first come out with their ideas... I'm really not too sure how i feel about what all this says.. I just figured some of you might find it an interesting read :) I have mixed feelings about evolution as it stands now, never mind future evolution!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/welcome-to-the-year-3000/2006/10/17/1160850931574.html

2. Hmm interesting.

I don't know though... I seriously doubt our species will survive quite that long, at the rate we're moving right now.

3. I'm happy I'm living in the crossroads between "HOORAY STICK" and "DAMN LOBSTER CHILDREN."

4. I'd say he's a nutcase.
    The evolution of man is not determined by theory of evolution alone,
    for it fails to account for things like 'intelligent intervention' & distasters.
    Meaning, all actions from mankind and things like disease or catastrophes.

5. Bahahahahahahahahahahaha :smoking:

6. I agree with your statement. However, if by some miracle humanity manages to last til then, many of the scenarios discussed in this article seem feasible.

"By about the year 12,000, he said, communication skills and emotional capabilities such as love, sympathy, trust and respect would have diminished, eroding the abilities of humans to care for others or perform in teams."

This one scared me a bit. But thankfully I won't be around by then; I will be in ganja heaven smoking weed amid a harem of hotties.

7. Egg-Fuckin-Salad.

2025 at the latest :)

8. complete tripe

in 12000 years we won't be able to communicate anything interpersonal?

9. To be honest, this stinks of globalist propaganda.

10. "By about the year 12,000, he said, communication skills and emotional capabilities such as love, sympathy, trust and respect would have diminished, eroding the abilities of humans to care for others or perform in teams."

When I read this part I felt kinda sad because people are already like this, and then I thought that if present trends of "man's inhumanity towards man" continue we won't be around another hand full of years. That's the problem with long-term forecasting of the future, you begin to look passed the present, and by my humble estimation "the present" needs all the attention it can get.

There's nothing wrong with looking to the future but not at the expense of today.

Peace.

11. .... and if we create our own reality... what then of comments that say "we won't survive"?

12. Well theres a big leap there of the individual to the global civilization.

13. I think we're all riding the crest of the roller coaster right now, and that its going to be a long trip downhill for quite some time beginning in the not too distant future.

almost feel bad for my future kids.

14. but also pretty small when you consider the size of the leap to the entire universe.