**Welcome to the Shroom Lab**

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by flex40, Jan 8, 2007.

1. i'd say 4-6 weeks, it all depends

2. Alright, got some great pictures. Pins have got even bigger since the photo update. But unfortunatly I need someone else to take the pictures which is always a little bit difficult. The pictures are awesome though so enjoy!

FLEX

Attached Files:

3. shrooms doubled in size overnight up to this point. Accidently droped a cake during obersvation knockin off 6 or 7 abort size pins. fed em to a friend to see the effects of the shrooms. will update with response.

FLEX

4. hey flex, im an avid marijuana grower, but shrooms i have yet to grow and was interested on the topic from my past experiences that left me with a big question mark

years ago i picked 1000's of these, there called liberty caps and grow throughout the cow fields of b.c. each october, eaten them about 15 times and never liked the high usually giving me harsh gut rot and a poisoned feeling.

i've eaten cubensis about 5 times which are a strain from mexico and were proffesionaly grown indoors, the high was much better and happier i found, but still didn't like the feeling of the mind numbing unco-ordinated communication and associated awkwardness that came in waves, developing a weird thought proccess until i slepped and awoke. the first time i ate cubensis was my favourite because i haluccinated a few times

was interested on your thoughts and if theres any hope finding a good strain my mind and body reacts well to for the entire trip, i like the thought of haluccinations but i find it's waaay overrated with shrooms.

if so i might just try growing the fuckers,

Attached Files:

5. you took a big risk picking schrooms from a pasture.. poisioned feeling was exactly that.

6. I pick wild mushrooms from my local area every season.. I know exactly what sort to get, and around here there are very distinct, once you know what your looking for its hard to stuff up and get the wrong sort.

Jonster:
    The shrooms ive had really really got me tripping. I don't understand what your saying about "mind numbing unco-ordinated communication and associated awkwardness" my experience(s) was possibly the exact opposite of that, I hallucinated quite satisfyingly too :D hope you have better luck with your next trip..

7. Yah I have to agree with Dier on the Poisioning issue, that sounds like a poisoning to me as well, and i definitly do not advocate the use of wild shrooms or wild spores...too much of a margin for error, and why chance it? I mean, you live in BC...or... did at some point (from the story) so your best to mail order your spores. You have the convince of having it shipped Interprovince (no checks at all.. your safe, and also, its legal to buy the spores here in Canada). www.sporelab.com and check out the spore section. Go with the 3 pack for 25 bucks, well worth it and then you get a variety. I picked cambodian (large producers - picked 2 of my cakes today.. 20.4g wet not bad for flush #1 for 2 0.25pint cakes :):hello: ), Golden Teachers (incredible visual experience, spiritual trip, etc), and Tapalia (also another mind blower).

Captainmaxmushroom (site admin) offered me sterile, unopened needles with styrle syrings with spores in discret packaging. If i ever order spore syringes again, it will be through him.

Also, i got great reports from my friend last night. I dont have a whole lot to do today, so im gonna take ride....on the mushroom express lol. I took 3.2g wet to see what happens :cool:

Till then eZ

FLEX

8. analyzing my reactions to shrooms is hard cos every mushroom i eat contains different levels of poisons and potency, so to just explain 1 feeling i had was to say the least, i have felt great at times but not consistent

thanks alot flex for the info, been several years since i've considered a shroom, i'll do some research on those you mentioned and try growing a strain.

9. Dunked the 2 "harvested" cakes in spring water for 12hrs, re-rolled in dry vermiculite and then reintroduced into the fruiting chamber.

Birthed 2 more Cambodian cakes, currently being dunked for 12hrs in spring water.

Constructed my drying chamber, seems to be working well, as the mushrooms are shriveling and drying.

Growth of fruit bodies has exploded in the fruiting chamber, unfortunate my photographer buddy hasnt been able to take any pictures the past few days, so i snapped a few of my own on my digital.

The 2 cambodian cakes introduced after the orginal 5 are begining to produce pins.

Hopefully harvesting the remaining fruit bodies off the 3 cakes in the chamber in the next couple of days. I am impressed with the growth thus far.

FLEX

Attached Files:

10. Drying container - Sealed with Dessicant and a screen..shown open to photograph

FLEX

Attached Files:

11. nice grow but I have a few questions. Why did you keep your cakes dunked for 12 hrs? i have always heard you should dunk them and take them right back out. And why did you roll them in dry vermiculite? I have never heard of doing that either.

12. 12 hour dunk (in spring water - refrigerated) has been found to be the ideal length of time to submerge the cake. The cakes can be dunked as long as 24hrs without damage to the Mycelium but the benefits are negligable after 12 hrs. I dunk my cakes individually in white beer cups that have been sprayed and wiped with lysol and then filled 2/3 full with spring water. Dry rolling in vermiculite after helps to absorb the water (droplettes can wick contamination) and it also encourages pinning all around the sides of the cake.

13. Hey what is the cheapest way grow shrooms? I've seen lots of kits b4 but idk if i want to pay that much. Just want to try as an experiment and hope for the best:cool:

14. hey, I didnt use a kit, and a lot of my materials where..*cough* stolen so my cost was really low.. the only thing i bought were the tubs, the jars, the vermiculite, the perlite and the spores...

FLEX

*edit: oh and the pressure cooker i bought too..bought with Gift Certs... so with other peoples money :)*

15. Ok so can you list what materials I am going to need? Planning on buying spore suringes also from that site above.

16. check the first page, there is one there. In addition to that list, you need Brown Rice Flour (availble in the Organic Food Section of your local Grocery Store), Canning Jars (difficult to find out of season, try online, or here in canada, Canadian Tire sells them year round), Vermiculite (Garden Section) and Perlite (Garden Section).

FLEX

17. what kinda $ am I looking at overall?

18. too buy everything? less then 100 dollars i would imagine. Thats using the perlite method of maintaining 100% humidity.

FLEX

19. Picked all the mushrooms off the 3 fruiting cakes. Viels became transparent and begain to tear so all the mushrooms where removed. Total collected wet weight off the 5 fruited cambodian cakes for Flush #1: 72.1 grams
    FLEX

20. picked 1 more cake 2 days ago, harvested wet weight 16.3 grams. Me and my room mate popped 4.3g each and begain chewing them. The taste was tolerable and i certainly believe fresh tastes MUCH better then dried..although, i love mushrooms! Edible or Psychoactive, i love them all :). Anyways, it took about 30 mins for the high to kick in, and it started with little euphoric waves of anticipation and excitment. The waves intensified over the next 2 hours, and became interchangable with my friend's high. it was weird, he'd go up as i'd come down from a wave...interesting! We then doesed another 2 grams each that were now almost dry from my drying chamber (remaining 8g wet - 4g 75% dried) and this kicked the shrooms into overload for my buddy who started tripping. I never got to the point of visual, but i usually need 5.5g (dried) or so to trip anyways. It was fun though cause I had an very pleasent 5 hour body buzz. Cambodian shrooms are sweet!

Picked another cake this morning. Really big capped mushrooms on it, 17.3g wet and it is now dryin in the "tornado" forced air drying chamber i created that works incredible for dryin the mushrooms for storage. It prepares fully dried mushrooms in less then 3 hours (on a lower setting) and 45 mins!!! on a higher setting). It preserves all psyclobin and prepares a BEAUTIFUL looking mushroom with all original colors still intact (no darkening from the desicants). It also uses no chemicals, so my mushrooms are superbly clean and exceptionally potent. :)

Also, the remaining 27 0.5 pint Jars are colinizing really well. The 12 Golden Teacher strains will probably start being selectively birthed in about a week or so. I will construct a second fruiting chamber then as I have all the hardware i need (except the rubbermaid tubs).

FLEX