Welcome to my nightmare lol!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pitbull420, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Well I have been very excited for this grow do to the fact I just extended and improve my room. Well all was going great. I have 12 girls 5 weeks into flower but during todays watering I noticed one of my Snow White girls had a couple bannanas on it. So I thought o'well I'll cull her and move on with the rest of the grow. Well upon further inspection I noticed my Blue widow in the back of the room was covered with seeds and had already released pollen into my room which has started to hermie all my fucken girls. Now I've had a plant or two hermie on me in the past but always caught it before it reached this level. So my question is what should I do now? I mean the whole fucken room is hermied but still full of some very good sized buds! Should I leave them be for a couple more weeks and then chop or just chop them right away? Also what is the best way to clean my flowering room once there cut to get rid of all the pollen? Here's some pics I took of them at 3 weeks into flower. They are now 5 weeks and were really starting to put on weight.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      203.3 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      153 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      180.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      198.7 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      194.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Hermie pollen doesnt cause more hermies...

I'd bet you have a light leak if all the plants are hermies...

3. #3 pitbull420, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Hermie pollen don't cause hermies???
    As for light leakage that was one of the first things I took care of with the new addition. U can stand in the room during lights out and it is pitch black. Absolutely no light enters the room.

4. You said you're whole room is hermied?? :poke:

Are you implying they all are throwing pollen or are all seeded..... :confused_2:

5. Sorry to hear that man.

Id take everything with balls out and just let the rest go.

I'm not sure exactly but it would take atleast few weeks for the seeds to form so it might not be fully seedy.
    The plant is going to use up energy making them seeds though that could be spent on making bigger buds unfortunately

I'd still defiantly continue with the grow though

6. Do you have any close up shots of the seeded plant(s)? Reason I ask is like biggg bassset said it takes a few weeks for the seeds to fully form. I once thought I had a plant that got seeded when it was like 5-6 weeks in but it just turned ot to be swollen ass bracts.

7. No the Blue Widow is covered with seeds and the rest are pretty much covered with bannanas. These girls have not yet formed seeds but will within the next few weeks. I pulled as many bannanas off as possible but there's a shit load and with 12 girls all around 2.5' or bigger I'm sure I missed quite a few.

Yeah I figured now bud production would start to shut down and the'll be going into full seed production. So allowing them to continue is only really to allow the already formed buds to ripen right?

8. Naw I didn't get no pics I was a lil to pissed off at the time lol. I wish it were a mistake but I spent a good minute pulling off big ass seeds and also noticed quite a few open pollen sacks.

9. I've never tried it but I have some... Go read reviews on Dutchmaster reverse... Supposed to knock the balls off hermies. Maybe it could help of you started applying asap

10. #10 biggg bassset, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [quote name='"spacejerk234"'] once thought I had a plant that got seeded when it was like 5-6 weeks in but it just turned ot to be swollen ass bracts.[/quote]

Haha yeah man iv fell for that too. They are suss looking things hey!

Op yeah i don't think bud production will stop completely but making seeds is a pollenated plants 1st priority.

But with that many plants think of it as just a dent in the armor could always just make the worst of it into butter :)

And in the mean while if you like repetitive activities then start pulling off them bananas they will grow back but can help keep the seeds at bay!

11. Yeah if worse comes to worst I'll just make a shit load of hash lol.

12. Good stuff! Ya winning either way :D

13. Here's a few pics of my beautiful hermie garden lol. You can see why I'm so pissed off. Only 5 weeks into flower and every single plant is covered with really nice sized buds lol. Well I think it's safe to say my new setup will produce more but obviously reqiures a lot more attention to details :rolleyes:.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      143.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG