Weirdest book you ever read?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Deleted member 1003865, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Back in 10th grade they made us read a book called "Curious incident of the dog in the Nighttime" man that book was strange

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Naked Lunch by William Burroughs. That book is like reading drugs, he was super strung out when he wrote it and it is entirely incoherent nonsense but in the most brilliant way possible. Back in college I wrote an 18 page literary analysis of William Burroughs and used this book quite a bit. There is no plot or any sort of linear progression whatsoever but still manages to form a full work of literature.

Excerpt from the book to elaborate my point:
    "On stools covered in white satin sit naked Mugwumps sucking translucent, colored syrups through alabaster straws. Mugwumps have no liver and nourish themselves exclusively on sweets. Thin, purple-blue lips cover a razor-sharp beak of black bone with which they frequently tear each other to shreds in fights over clients. These creatures secrete an addicting fluid from their erect penises which prolongs life by slowing metabolism. . . . Addicts of Mugwump fluid are known as Reptiles. A number of these flow over chairs with their flexible bones and black-pink flesh. A fan of green cartilage covered with hollow, erectile hairs through which the Reptiles absorb the fluid sprouts from behind each ear. The fans, which move from time to time touched by invisible currents, serve also some form of communication known only to the Reptiles."

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I actually read the Bardo Thodol...otherwise known as the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

If you know nothing about it, it's completely unlike what you think it will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I read a weird Goosebumps book when I was young that I can't remember the name of. A kid arrived at school one day, thinking it was just a normal school day. Everything went as planned until lunch time. When he sat down in the cafeteria to eat with the other students, he was suddenly shocked. All of the other students were feeding food into a mouth which seemed to be inside one of their arm pits. They were scooping up food with their hands and feeding it into their arm pit mouths. He was in some sort of bizarre alternate reality and had to find a way back into his normal world.

It was pretty funny :p.

• Like Like x 2
  5. the bible

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I haven't read many books I like the scary and weird ones tho. IT by Stephen King lol totally confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. probably the books of H.P Lovecraft stories i have. love that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. at 9yo

Space Odessy blew me away ....lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Chrysalids in high school. There have been others but that's the only book that comes to mind atm.

10. th2X7SM4KW.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Junky by William Burroughs is similarly confronting. It is a miracle that he lived to such an old age (83) considering he lived such a dangerously drug-addicted life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. House of Leaves because well, just google image search that book to get a good idea

Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem was another weird one. It's basically Seinfeld in book form, on drugs

13. Iodine by Haven Kimmel. I honestly can't describe it. It's written in stream of consciousness, and I've never read it high but now I want to

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Christopher Moore's Lamb. It's about Jesus's early years, hilarious but weird af

15. [​IMG]

Weirdest book you ever read? The Alchemist as mentioned on

LINK: (The Alchemist)

thats GC for you.....lol all said something positive so I gave it a shot...lol

Lampman

Kimono

The3amJunkie

Aricke

livelifegrammed

noahr68

nightwriter

Thanks to the above for their recommendations I really enjoyed it and yeah it was Weird

wiki: The Alchemist (novel) - Wikipedia