Weird

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by kadosh, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Greetings, I don't know any of you. While seshing with a friend of mine (whom I'll never see again), we thought up some pretty crazy theories on life. One regarding life-after-death stuck out in my mind. Some facts could be incorrect, so feel free to criticize, I'd like to hear anybody's opinion.
    Most of us have heard of a drug that probably starts with something like "dimethyl...", I won't get into detail because it's probably not allowed on here. I've heard rumours that this "unmentionable" is the same chemical that makes you dream, and that your brain also releases during near-death experiences (possibly explaining the white light). I believe it's also true that the brain has a considerable amount of brain activity for minutes after death. Now think about dreams, specifically time in dreams. Time is either irrelevant in dreams, or is very slow. Two days in a dream, could be two minutes of physical life. So now that we know (or think) the brain releases the same chemical that makes you dream when you die, and dreams can last (probably) infinitely. The after-life could simply be an infinite dream, because you'll dream forever before you actually die. This may not make sense to everybody, but I'm sure at least a select few will understand these thoughts.

2. This is more of a high idea to be honest.

3. How can it be infinite once your brain is pretty much rotten. It's more likely you slip into a dream when you die , then it ends and you cease to exist.

4. #4 kadosh, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    We we're unexplainably high.

What if, because you are dying, this dream doesn't end immediately (possibly infinite, could be simply a stage of waiting) and becomes super-long. You would be in this dream for however long BEFORE you are fully dead.

5. You believe in dimensions?

The spirit, I believe, is hosted in another dimension and bridges between two dimensions. When you die, your spirit is in the process of leaving the body to enter a new dimension. And this chemical, you are talking about, can probably be a catalyst of some sort to guide you through to the next dimension.

You see, I've been in out of consciousness once, while trying to sleep sitting up on my chair. And I noticed that my spirit, was doing random things outside of my control. But within my control I noticed it was doing that. Maybe the spirit is unconscious, and it needs the body, for consciousness. That is when you are transferred into another body some place else when you die. And the chemical, helps the process...

6. I've progressed a fair bit on this mini-theory as a lot of things like this are starting to make sense to me. If you were able to do something like that, I strongly encourage you to look into things like lucid dreaming and astral projection. As for this 'theory', I'm still trying to understand time within dreams, which is nearly impossible because first I need to understand just exactly what a dream is, in all senses. What if this (possibly lengthly) dream before death, is simply a waiting period of some sort. Maybe this would be what some deem as 'purgatory', and if one is bad person, then he is simply witnessing his own self. The person would then move on to whatever is next, and I'm beginning to convince myself there is more.

7. I expressed a similar idea a couple days ago in a post

Though you should know it is absolute speculation that DMT does cause dreaming. There is no evidence for that it's just something Joe Rogan claimed and it got spread all over the place.

8. #8 kadosh, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    I realize that and I also realize that it could prove or disprove these thoughts. I was hoping to understand life a bit better after trying salvia- I gave er a go a few times with some 60x but barely felt a thing...my friend smoked less and entered what seemed to him like a half-hour dream.

Also, keep in mind the amount of information that is kept from us. DMT is one of, if not the most illegal drug in the world (why?). The last thing any globalist government would want to do is advertise is by stating that it is in fact the drug that induces dreaming. Also, in reference to my last post, astral projection and things of that sort come with dreaming, research a little on the topic and think of the after-life possibilities if my idea is correct.

9. Drugs will not make you understand some ultimate truth

And it doesn't prove or disprove anything. It could be some other chemical. Hell it could be different chemicals affect the body in a similar way. IT could be DMT also I don't know. To get hung up on just DMT though would be dumb. DMT Is nothing special in the respect that it is just another chemical

10. Sorry to say, but this is the typical close-minded response that you'll hear from the general public (thus why I posted here). I think maybe it was after listening to Joe Rogan speaking about psychedelics that made me realize their true power and potential. I in no way encourage the abuse of drugs, but I believe in some cases there are some reasonable arguments that can be made towards the (spiritual, metaphysical, whatever word you may use) use of some substances.

11. Im listening.

12. Believing this theory implies there's is a difference between dreams and reality. I highly suggest you look into the concept of astral plans/densities. It is almost to a T what you're talking about but explains it a bit more in depth and relates modern paranormal activity and most modern and ancients religions and their views on death and dying.

Also try checking out information on quantum superposition and wave function collapsing. It is very possible that we're are living in an advanced simulation that is so advanced that what creates and sustains it is indecipherable from "reality." There are many interesting and thought-provoking theories out there that are at minimum logical if not convincing even without subjective validation.

13. #13 dankydankk, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    [quote name='"705Hidden"']

Sorry to say, but this is the typical close-minded response that you'll hear from the general public (thus why I posted here). I think maybe it was after listening to Joe Rogan speaking about psychedelics that made me realize their true power and potential. I in no way encourage the abuse of drugs, but I believe in some cases there are some reasonable arguments that can be made towards the (spiritual, metaphysical, whatever word you may use) use of some substances.[/quote]

I have to disagree with you aswell,

I really think psychedelic reached life revelations are short lived and not fully absorbed into your true consciousness. I do think you can encounter some powerful stuff, but think most of the time there's not any lasting benefits from just smoking dmt. You'll have much more success receiving benefits from reaching higher stages of consciousness by meditating and self expiration. Those experiences will last

I've done it enough times and have been in contact with many others throughout the years who have. No one became a better person, a few became these arrogant burn outs from all the psychedelics, thinking they were more "understanding" because they did drugs more often. When in reality none of them ever stuck with any plans and still live with their parents. Most are cynical and justify not getting real jobs because they wont become "slaves" lol.

Not saying your like that at all, just wanted to share

14. I wrote a story once called, "the longest second" in which a man is violently killed and in time it takes him to hit the ground he lives inside the mind of a new mother, which culminates in him witnessing his own rebirth, or reincarnated rebirth that coincides with him hitting the ground and dying. The story was born from the exact same question that you have asked. It's a thought that lives strongly in my mind, and because of it I have made it clear to all of my people that I do not want to ever have the plug pulled. I might be dreaming eternity in heaven in those last moments. Course, I might be dreaming an eternity in hell during those last few minutes too. but I, for one, do understand the thought behind your question. It's a good one IMHO.

15. #15 kadosh, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    I'm not saying there is a difference betweens dreams and reality (maybe reality is a dream). What I posted here is pretty simplified but if DMT is the chemical that induces dreams, there's no doubt in my mind that this 'dream upon death' idea could become some form of astral projection or anything of the sort. Thanks for the advice, I've already been doing a lot of research on things of that nature.

You're right. I realize that the frequent use of psychedelics is actually misuse, rather than understanding, but I do believe that trying such things would help you 'understand'... even after trying salvia (and its very minor effects), i'm starting to 'understand' things a lot better.

16. Does anybody else Joe Rogan?

I'm pretty sure most things said about DMT are speculation.

17. once your blood stops pumping through your veins you might have a vision for about 10 secs tops. Then everything turns into nothingness.

18. I dont think most of understand his concept. Ive had a dream that years pass of me growing is ssying what if the 8 mins your brain is still active your dreaming... Like idk where you guys are gettin drugs n stuff orrrr reaility...i thought it was just the concrpt of having a seemingly perpetual dream

19. [quote name='"705Hidden"']

I'm not saying there is a difference betweens dreams and reality (maybe reality is a dream). What I posted here is pretty simplified but if DMT is the chemical that induces dreams, there's no doubt in my mind that this 'dream upon death' idea could become some form of astral projection or anything of the sort. Thanks for the advice, I've already been doing a lot of research on things of that nature.

You're right. I realize that the frequent use of psychedelics is actually misuse, rather than understanding, but I do believe that trying such things would help you 'understand'... even after trying salvia (and its very minor effects), i'm starting to 'understand' things a lot better.[/quote]

Yeah no doubt I think it could lead you to new doors, I just don't think its an answer as much as its a question producer. Afterall most religions incorporate psychedelics, but they are treated with honor and used sparingly.

One of my old friends was on a full strip and was smoking a bowl of demsters, or so he claims lol, he says he "left this universe" and he uses his hallucinations as a justification for how he's more "connected" than on us. And if someone would call bullshit he'd just say we couldn't understand hahah. If anything he became an arrogant dick after all the psychedelics

20. [quote name='"AresKenux"']

You believe in dimensions?

The spirit, I believe, is hosted in another dimension and bridges between two dimensions. When you die, your spirit is in the process of leaving the body to enter a new dimension. And this chemical, you are talking about, can probably be a catalyst of some sort to guide you through to the next dimension.

You see, I've been in out of consciousness once, while trying to sleep sitting up on my chair. And I noticed that my spirit, was doing random things outside of my control. But within my control I noticed it was doing that. Maybe the spirit is unconscious, and it needs the body, for consciousness. That is when you are transferred into another body some place else when you die. And the chemical, helps the process...[/quote]

Beautiful theory.

I'm right next to you on that. I think we know how to control this interdimensional travel and our inner spirits/mind but we have been numbed and dulled into something that has lost its grip.

Idk man i really dunno