Weird Xen-Lux Plug

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Methodminus, Jun 27, 2012.

1. So I bought this reflector on amazon, and when it arrived I was pretty disappointed when I saw the plug. I'm hoping someone is already familliar with it so I don't need to upload a picture of it, but I will if needed. It looks sorta like it has two grounds and a flat piece in a line. The flat one and one of the round ground looking ones are in a line, then there is another ground offset somewhat. I can't find any pictures of it online and I've never seen it before.

Anyway, does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm trying to find either an adapter so I can plug it into a typical American outlet or advise on if I should try and rewire it myself to a standard plug.

Here is the product on amazon:
    Amazon.com: Hydroponic Grow Light Wing Reflector for HPS & MH Bulbs, up to 1000 Watts: Patio, Lawn & Garden

2. :) so that is the plug that connects to your ballast, you cant run that reflector straight into an outlet,

im not recomending this link, just give you a visual of what im talking about, will fit in any ballast
    600 Watt Ballasts

3. Ugh. I was worried that was what was the problem. Why do I need a ballast? What does it do?

Sorry to ask what could be a dumb question. I've been using strictly CFLs up to this point and decided to make the leap to HPS.