Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird trip... (awefull trip)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shArky10010, Jul 1, 2013.

1. #1 shArky10010, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    Hey everyone, I'm new out here and I'd like to tell something about my extra-ordinairy experience I've had yesterday on my trip.

First of all, I don't smoke weed often, like once a week just to have a chill time with friends or when I go out I like to smoke a joint. I do not smoke big amounts, most of the time I'd like to have around 0.4/0.5g of weed in it (have to mention I never smoke that amount alone).

So well, yesterday I had smoked like half of a joint wich got me pretty damn high (It's really an amazing strain, Jack Herer, it's really heavy for me and I can get high of it with really small amounts) and so during the noon after smoking it I had a hard time with my stomach in the first minutes after smoking it. I felt not 100%. But it went away and I had like a fantastic trip. A few hours later I had to spin the decks at a party, and I had still left 1/3th of the joint. I decided at the party to smoke it on my own, but after like 5/6 hits I was completely baked. I don't really know how, but it really didn't go very well for me. I started to feel really really shit and like I had to puke. I was really dizzy and my heart rate was much higher then I normally have after smoking weed. I started to have muscular cramps around my heart, and it felt like I would get a heart attack every minute, but I knew that that was impossible, since it was just a muscle around it having a hard time. It actually really hurt and the cramps kept going on for like 1 hour. After that they started to get away slowly. I was completely tripping out and the only thing I wanted to do was lie down and calm down.
    I felt really shit and was quite scared and paranoid.

The funny thing is I smoked almost nothing. Still got me completely screwed...

Are there any explanations for the bad trip or is it just a part of smoking weed ? Because it really did not feel pleasant at all...

Greetings,

2. Have you ever gone to a party high before? Maybe the lights and shit or just everything in general was to intense for your high ass self hahaha it's just a part of smoking man. It's a learning experience. Now you know what's gets you to high. More than likely you smoked completely resinated weed since it was a roach and it was that strain so it might have added to the high

3. Well actually I did a few times. But when doing that I was smoking Pure Power Plant, wich is a hybrid. I've been told that you can have more difficult trips with sativa's, and especially because of the party going on, could that have made this trip awefull?

4. #4 Weedity, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    Soon as I read the highlighted comment, I didn't have to read any further, and I didn't. I don't even need to know what happened to answer this question. So here is an experiment, I'm going to post tips on how to help you based on what I THINK your situation is about. Next, I'll read it, then see if I was right. Here we go.

1) You are smoking weed, it is a drug, it has never killed anyone without an underlying issue.
    2) Your attitude and mind is what affect your high. If you have bad thoughts, you will have a bad high
    3) Your heart WILL beat faster, and NO it will not give you a heart attack, stroke, or anything else unless your really unhealthy and have underlying issues.
    4) You are not seeing a real "trip". Weed is a minor hallucinogenic so you will see some things, but not really. Some people swear they trip hard, but that is just their mind under the influence of weed making them think those things.
    5) Sometimes your lungs will hurt after coughing and smoking for the first time, it's normal to have some chest pains. It isn't a heart attack.
    6) Laced weed is rare, nobody wants to waste money lacing their weed. You might have grit weed, which is adulterated weed, with some additives and what not. Possibly glass bits and things, get a microscope or magnifier and look at the buds to see if has shit in it. You can tell by weed having white crystals NOT attached to hairs on the weed. They will fall off and be flaky. Put a little piece of weed in your mouth and grind it on your teeth. If it has sand like bits in it, it is adulterated. Google more for research. These are all rare as well. Do not worry. Even smoking it every now and then won't kill you.

Okay, I think I did good there. Not let me read what you posted to see if I was close to answering the problem.

OKAY! Nice. I was pretty good with that. Listen, you probably had an anxiety attack since your not used to weed yet. If your having thoughts in your head, weed makes those thoughts stronger and feel so real. So you felt like you were having a heart attack, and your body reacted that way. Your muscles tightened and what not, adrenaline rushed throughout your body. It is because of the "fight or flight" response. Google it. Do some anxiety research. Anxiety is the number one cause to these cannabis "trips"  

5. You don't trip on weed that would be like saying you get drunk cigarettes

6. You just had an anxiety attack. Thinking that you are having a heart attack is a very common thing among new smokers. When I first started I would have trouble breathing because my was so dry and I would always freak myself into thinking my throat would swell shut... Paranoia comes with weed.

Things you can do
    1) Don't smoke as much- I still smoke much less than my friends. Too many bong rips will put me in a paranoid state.
    2) Relax and only smoke when you feel like doing it, don't force it.
    3) Smoke before big parties so you are used to the feeling before you throw yourself into a new environment. I would try to smoke 30-60 minutes in advance.

7. Well that's not completely true. I've never tripped in the traditional sense (walls breathing, tasting smells, seeing things that aren't there), but I have smoked some heavy sativas that have made everything really bright and colorful, make music sound completely different, and things like that. A minor trip if you will...

8. ^ obviously you've never tripped. Weed doesn't make you trip at all.

9. #9 Tastytrichomes, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    1. weed doesn't make you trip

2. you got too high and too fast, blood sugar dropped, had an anxiety attack because you probably felt like you were going to die. you can pass out from weed and it's incredibly uncomfortable but the anxiety you received from it is because you were unprepared to deal with it, got way higher than you wanted to. it's part mental and physical

3. you're lucky the people you were with were so kind and understanding, a lot of people aren't like that bro

4. yes it's horrible, it's happened to every stoner at least once or twice when they first started

5. smoke less and space out your hits more

6. http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/345873-guide-dealing-anxietypanic-attacks-paranoia.html

10. Where'd you go?

11. weed doesn't make you trip but He was smoking a sativa and weed has hallucinogenic qualities. combine his LT with a lot of jack herer and you may have something similar to  a level 1 trip on your hands.  

12. My RA used to swear he was seeing things

13. #13 shArky10010, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    I know I shouldn't be calling it a trip, but it was still damn scary.
    Tried some jack herer again today, didn't smoke a lot but again I got so far away from reality. It's not what I'm used to have with indica's, it's completely different.
    I tried to accept myself to the fact being in a different state then I am normally, and it still feld akward like the first time smoking this Jack herer. But I think I started panicing because of the 'for me' strong effects.
    I do have to say that I've really got knocked out by it today. I really felt ripped from reality. Like living in a dream without controlling yourself. It felt like someone else was doing things and I couldn't feel my own body and things felt so surreal. Had an uncomfortable time because it was really fucking with my mind, but I managed to keep my calm and didn't got scared.

I might have underestimated weed. Never tought I could get such crazy things of it.
    And yes, this time to whole room was shaking and the tv changed of size. My friends started laughing with me and never got such annoyed of it because I couldn't control myself. I tried to tell them to stop laughing because I was going deeper and deeper in my mind. Like I would fall asleep with my eyes open.

14. You just smoked too much.sativas sometimes cause anxiety especially if smokin too much.next time start with a cpl hits and work youre way up

15. #15 SiriusWolff, Jul 3, 2013
    Maybe just don't smoke that strain you don't have to enjoy every one of em :p. Although i understand how you're feeling as a couple times in my last sessions i've gotten the same way which leads to anxiety and paranoia which totally kills the fun of being high. There was a time back in the day where i kept forgetting to breathe and i'd start to see sparkles and then realize i wasn't breathing. I was so scared to fall asleep cuz i thought i'd die :laughing: I was so tired too! Took all my will power to stay up.

Pretty amazing what effects some good bud can have huh?

16. It could be that your body is adjusting to the weed. If it continues every time you smoke, then don't smoke weed.

17. #17 G4Grassdetta, Jul 3, 2013
    Wtf is with all these people saying weed doesn't make you trip? lol.

Give a nooby .5 of a potent Sativa and see what happens. Sometimes they're good...other times........

When I had a panic attack I had a very real mind trip. No, there aren't OEVs and shit like that, but you don't get concrete OEVs on most things. And yes, I was smoking Marijuana.

I see CEVs all the time when I smoke up some dabs and listen to music (pink floyd comes to mind)
    and again when I do hero doses of edibles.

Now shit like people teleporting because you aren't focusing on their movements is just being high, Colorful lights producing strong reactions isn't trpping either, Slowed down time, auditory hallucinations and the like are just part of being high. Might seem "trippy" but that's not what I'm talking about.

Normal smoking? CEVs are rare, and I usually only get them after 1.5+ (usually only smoke .4/sesh) The aren't particularly exciting (except pot leaves haha), they have no pattern, and are easily ignored and missed in lieu of more in your face effects.

However one very real effect for people that some don't experience at all, is the ability to reconnect to other altered states with MJ. I've reconnected to feelings I've had on other things and that feels trippy as fuck. I attribute that to other things though and MJ just being a catalyst.

Yes it does lol. Just because you never have doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Knocking someone and telling them what they are experiencing is all in their head is laughable. Yes it's in their head...that's part of a trip lol. No it isn't going to the level of fully submerged consciousness but it is definitely a mild psychedelic state.

18. It is definitly amazing!!! I guess I'm going to try the bud a few more times, just taking 2/3 hits and wait and see. Might have a more fun high of it then :)

19. #19 G4Grassdetta, Jul 3, 2013
     "It's just weed" is the old saying. Without tolerance though it isn't "just weed" in the traditional sense. Being sober for 21 years and then smoking heavily produced some extremely profound states. It fades, but some people can't get past this stage, as it is so uncomfortable for them.

You'll feel enough off 1 hit with no tolerance (used to get me for 4 hours lol). Personally I'd stay there for a while...going past that, your brain isn't particularly ready and while you may be able to "handle it" it will be far more enjoyable if you take it slow and build tolerance.

20. I'd assume that if you were at a party you were getting your drink on, you don't really smoke that much weed so you have a low tolerance, and most people when they get X-Faded get the spins really bad and usually end up puking if they drink too much.

Maybe you just had your buzz on, and then smoked, and weren't used to the feeling yet. I don't really like to get X-Faded because it just makes me completely exhausted, and it causes the drunkenness to phase in and out.