Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Tolerance Question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Toker., Feb 26, 2013.

1. I've been a regular smoker for years now, and over the last year something has changed for me.

I have been getting really high off of fairly small amounts of bud (same average quality stuff that I'm used to). I have to sit down and relax myself because my heart seems to race and I can't even play a video game for the first 10 minutes or so.

But oddly my high doesn't seem to last as long as it used to.

I have been using the same pipe for a while now, so the method is the same...

I have gained weight, and I'm now about 250 pounds...is this a fat guy thing?

2. Its funny you say that, one of my best friends is about 330 lbs and can down a bottle of jack like it aint shit. but for some reason his tolerance to weed seems to have never changed from his first time. he takes like one or two hits and is completely stoned but for him a long time. You might be on to somethin.

3. Alcohol is different than weed (obviously) body weight has to do a lot with of how much you can drink to get a buzz. Smoking doesn't do anything to tolerance or how high you get because you lost or gained a few pounds. Though when you sweat, you are sweating out THC which will make you prone to lower your tolerance somewhat.. But it had to be heavy sweating. I'll notice after I work out hard or so I won't need as much to get high, plus get me more stoned...

4. You might be getting better shit.

5. Nope same dope :)

6. I'm kind of the same way. I'm skinny as fuck, though. I weigh about 160 and I'm 6'1". I don't think weight has anything to do with it.

7. Been smoking 2 years now and still one hit wonder

Sent from above

8. Probably the specific strain you're getting lately or something.

If you've been smoking for that long, I'd suggest going to a bong.
    Feels better on the throat than a dry pipe, and I feel I get higher with the same amount.

9. I weigh 185 and have been smoking for 7 years and I get baked for hours from one rip. (Glass)

10. After building up a tolerance I had to mix it up a little: Smoke one day, edibles the next, vape the next, back to smoking, hash the next, back to edibles and so on. Oh, and on weekends whiskey before smoking. Seemed to help. Plus, change the strains you use, sativa > indica and back again.

11. Yeah, I agree with the bong thing. I smoked out of a dry pipe for years and then I got a zong and it was like I didn't even have a tolerance for a while. It was great