Weird Seed?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Meruk, Aug 6, 2014.

1. I just bought one White widow seed and I used the paper towel method to germinate it so after one day I decided to look at her.
    When I opened the paper towel it wasnt sprouted yet but there was something like a little hole on the seed at the under/top side.
    What does this mean is just how the seed absorbs water or is there something wrong?

2. Could have been just starting to split man. Not exactly sure what you're talking about but I'm sure it's fine man

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407337764.645002.jpg that little hole there

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Grasscity Forum

4. There should not be any holes in your seed. When germinating the elongated tip will start to separate, and a very delicate white tap root will start to emerge.

Be very gental, or you may damage the root.

For future reference, I have found the cup of water method works 100% of the time.

5. Can I still use the water cup method if the seed was one day using the paper towel method?

6. If the seed is not cracked, I would say yes.

Get a cup of room temperature water and place the seed in. It may begin floating at first, if it has not yet absorbed any water.

After about 4 or 5 hours, the seed will start absorbing water, and you might be able to sink it. If not, give it a bit more time.

Place the cup in a dresser drawer, or other equally dark location.

Once the seed sinks to the bottom it has taken on enough water to start its germination process.

Give the seed about 24 hours under water.

Once the seed cracks you should be able to see the tap root peaking out.

You should not leave the seed submerged for more than 3 days, as you can drown the seed at this point.

Once you notice the seed has cracked, and the tap root is exposed you can place the germinated seed "tap root down, one knuckle deep" into seedling safe soil.

7. Did your seed germinate?

8. Yes I tried your method and it worked! :)
    I think that that little hole is for water absorbing!

9. Excellent! Are you making a journal for the White Widow?

10. I'd love to but I dont have all the stuff I need but I dont know id the widow works because after like 3 days after germination the seed wont sprout
    When I put it in the ground the root was fairly little I havr been spraying water when the ground was dry also i checked like 2 inches below the ground

11. But I am
    Currently making my own dwc system for the clones I will be makinf of the widow

12. Be patient... it takes about a week for it to come through the soil.

13. I am the same way through. I move the dirt ever so gently to see the new cotyledons covered by the seed casing. The tap root is growing as we speak...

14. Haha well i am the same but today i dug it out because the seed was at the surface and the taproot was huge

15. Excellent, hopefully it grows healthy and plentiful!

16. I hope so too and I think I will start a journal

17. I'll follow along if you do. ;)

18. Haha thanks ill hit you up when i will , also this will be my first grow:)

19. WW is a good strain. It is very forgiving, and equally rewarding.

20. That sounds awesome haha :)