Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird reaction...is this normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gurL2322, Nov 7, 2013.

1. #1 gurL2322, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    I don't smoke weed very often but whenever I do, I usually get high off of one hit. Most of the time, my body becomes numb especially my face and hands. I also start to get high anxiety, which I read up about on the FAQ. Today was the first time I threw up from it and went blind for about two minutes from the blood rushing to my head so quickly. The only medicine I'm currently on is Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it, but I figured it could be valuable info.
    Is it normal to feel like this? I don't feel like it is. 

Thanks!

2. sounds like your smoking too much since you don't smoke very often smoke more often but less quantities or maybe early flu symptoms idk 

3. Could weed cause the flu symptoms to get worse?

4. I don't get a numbness at really high levels...it's more of a tingly feeling all over my body that can lead to me being physically uncomfortable and later not being able to feel certain things stemming from that. It just doesn't feel like traditional numbness so I don't think of it as that lol.

Throwing up is rare....Could be combos, could be not having proper hydration/food/blood sugar etc.

anxiety is a byproduct of a low mental tolerance/natural predisposition/smoking too much/unfamiliarity.

Try smoking less...like half a hit or switch to mids (may have to if your natural tolerance is that low) just to build up to be able to enjoy dank.

5. Thank you!

6. It sounds like you may have smoked too much at once, and you could've become dehydrated. When you smoke, keep lots of water or juice nearby. Weed drops your blood sugar level (which isn't bad) but if your blood sugar level gets too low you will feel lightheaded and you could pass out. Also make sure you aren't smoking on an empty stomach, or that could cause your blood sugar level to get too low.

7. God I'm glad I only feel like a fucking champ when I smoke! :) I hear some people having problems when smoking weed and I'm just like 'how?'. I guess it's true that Mary ain't for everyone

8. I've seen someone throw up from really powerful hacking, were you coughing at the time?

9. I think that was probably the cause too.. weed itself doesnt make you throw up it's the smoking too much of it at once that can make you throw up.

When you smoke the joint just kinda give it a quick kiss and take a little smoke and see what that does. Sounds like your have like absolutely no tolerance to the buzz at all haha. Kinda a good thing. 

I have an asian friend who can have 1 shot and be drunk of her ass and 2 shots shes blacked out... To compare that to weed, some people just have different tolerance levels.. especially at the beginning. 

10. Throwing up when you don't smoke very often is totally normal, depending on what you are smoking from and how hard you are hitting it can be factors.

I would suggest either half bowls or joints and just take little tokes until you get used to the smoke going down your windpipe and you will develop a tolerance at the same time. Just don't go so hard basically, ease into it and your body will thank you with some good highs  :smoking:

11. I don't know what you're smoking but I want some of it