Weird question...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by P to the enguin, Apr 26, 2009.

1. So i was thinking today...and i was wondering where an atheist couple would get married at. they wouldn't go to a church like other couples because they are atheist right?

So if not a church...then where and by whom if its not a priest or a minister.

just got me thinkin

2. The Courthouse.
    It's just a legal thing.

3. is it ok to laugh or were they being serious

i dont like laughing at peoples religion/or the lack of

4. they still get married by a preist? You dont have to be religious.... And in gardens and on beaches and nice places like that :p

5. I mean you don't HAVE to be religious, but it wouldn't make much since for an atheist couple to use one. More logical that they'd just go to the courthouse or maybe somewhere nice, but have an alternative to a priest.

6. Uhm, I am a very strict athiest and I would most likely be married in a nice, memorable place outside or in a church if our families wanted it.

7. A lot of people get married where they met or got engaged. Or where their first date was. Beautiful places are common too. I'm not an atheist myself, I'm pagan. My fiancee is agnostic though. We will probably get married in the forest. Or if we have it her way, possibly at the gay bar where she proposed to me.

8. A lot of couples who are NOT atheist get married in civil ceremonies by a judge or wedding commissioner. Probably close to as many people who get married in churches get married at City Hall.