Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weird problem with scales.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokers, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hey guys. I have a lil weird ass problem with scales... so.. my friend left his scale at my house and I was playing around with it, comparing it to my scale. I put a dollar on both of them and they both weighed 1g.. then I put a pen on both of them and they both weighed 4.5.. then, I put my grinder on the scales, and on his scale my grinder weighed 131.1.. but on my scale it says 135.7.. weird. Why does it seem calibrated equally at the start.. but then its not with a big weight?

2. If it's off by a small increment, it'll be more noticeable when it gets to bigger weights. Why it's off by so much though I don't really know, maybe one's just less efficient than the other.:smoke:

3. Definately weird but I woukd really like to get to the bottom of this.

4. One thing you could do, is keep adding more weight until you first see the change. That way, you can add up how many times that happens in ~130g, and if you end up with a difference of 4.6g, you have your answer.
    So, let's say that one weighs something at 5g and the other weighs it at 5.1g, If you multiply both until you get to ~130g, you should have the same difference as you've seen before.

5.1 x 26 = 132.6g

5 x 26 = 130g

So I'm slightly off, but you get the idea.:smoke:

5. Just put a nickel, if it weights 5gs then tare it.

6. i noticed with my scales that if its of center it will some times be off a little tiny bit thats why i calibrate my scale each use