Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird problem -- is this a tolerance issue?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LunarConfusion, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Hi all,

So I've been smoking, both for fun and medically, regularly for about two years.  Frequency usually ranged from just one indica vape session at night for sleep, to that plus a bowl or two of sativa earlier in the day, or more on the weekend.  In rare cases I had a pipe in my hand almost all day.  I have Crohn's disease (grass helps immensely against the pain) and it gradually flared up starting last summer and progressing until recently.  Then I was hospitalized in March for a week with no weed, and upon returning home I smoked a bowl and *wow*, was I ever reminded what a proper sativa high is like -- my highs before, I think, had deteriorated in quality-of-experience very very slowly so that I didn't notice, but then I definitely noticed the difference when I had a good high.  Now, I figured that either of these, or a combination of both, caused this: 1) feeling much better physically after my hospital stay was helping the high to carry out properly, 2) simple tolerance issue, I'd been smoking too much and a week off helped.  Well, I continued to smoke and very quickly my "highs" degenerated into this really weird feeling of being totally spaced out -- not in a happy or relaxed way, but it's like I want to think about nothing, feel nothing. am completely neutral toward everything, like I took a "robot pill" or something?  It doesn't feel like I'm not smoking enough, because there is a strong effect, it's just not what it ought to be.  It also doesn't feel like I'm smoking too much, because I don't feel anxious/paranoid/etc any more than I feel happy or giggly or inspired.  It's like I almost just feel nothing at all.  Anyhow, my physical condition also deteriorated (I think because I was sent home with the wrong form of antibiotics, but that's another whole can of worms), and I ended up in the hospital a second time last month (May).  Once again, hospital treatment got me feeling physically much better again.  Went home and smoked, and just like after the first hospital stay, had an amazing session that reminded me of what it's supposed to be like.  Continued smoking after that -- back to the total "blah" experience.  But my physical health wasn't deteriorating this time, only my experience when smoking, so I decided, all right, this has gotta be a tolerance thing.  I've read that chronic/frequent use can really wear out the cannabinoid receptors, so I decided to try waiting two full days in between sessions.  Smoked, the high still sucked.  So then I waited *three* days before smoking again.  Still sucked.  Then I waited *four* days before smoking again, and the end of that wait was tonight.  Still sucked.  So now it doesn't really seem to me like a tolerance issue either, because waiting four days didn't help at all, and I'd had a great session after a 5-day hospital stay.  Anyone have any clue what this may be?  Thanks in advance for any insights and sorry I'm so long-winded, I just like to get everything out that could possibly be relevant.

2. My highs have been feeling spaced out too. Could be your tolerance. Maybe buy better weed. When I buy better weed my highs are so much better

3. #3 LunarConfusion, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for the reply.  Definitely not the weed quality.  I buy only good stuff from dispensaries and I've had fantastic highs on the same exact stuff that's bumming me out now.  If it's my tolerance, why does a T-break in the hospital work, but not a T-break of comparable length at home? :p

4. idk t breaks are a pain in the ass. If I were you I'd smoke more on a sesh maybe you'll feel more high

5. It's a tolerance issue, definitely. First off, a tolerance break for a few days won't cut it with frequent use. Your cannabinoid receptors need time to repair and become active, and for you, I'd give it at least two weeks. You could also try switching the method in which you smoke or switch strains, but I highly recommend a longer tbreak. If medicating with weed is a necessity though, try using different methods of consumption.
    Also the reason your hospital tbreak was better could be due to a number of things. Were you on an IV? Did they give you something that could have potentially detoxes you? I'm not experienced with hospital stays but you should look at the differences between what's going on in the hospital and what's going on at home. It could also be psychological as well.

6. Try taking some omega 3. it Helps your recepters repair..... Or something like that.

For me at the end of the week after having an increase of omega3 (2grams daily throught canned herring) in my diet. my highs are better. Almost like said t break but without lol

7. It doesnt matter where you take the t break, your body isnt getting thc, at the end of the day it isnt getting thc