Weird Powder Mildew Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Herbalonics, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hey Everyone,

I am having this very strange issue with powder mildew, something I have never experienced before and cant seem to figure it out (experience is about 2 years with several successful results). It is winter, and often times my thermo/hygrometer barely picks up much humidity in the room, and I also thought it was difficult to see high humidity issues in the winter time.

I discovered this after I returned from the weekend and noticed signs of it that were not there before I had left, so I'd say the mildew is about 5 days old.

The strange part is that this mildew is only effecting my flowering buds about 4 or 5 weeks into flowering, not my veg at all, and its working its way up from the bottom of the plant hitting the lower buds worse and I am just seeing some signs of it towards the top. I only have 1 plant in there at the moment, it was LST'd so it has about 5 substantial colas.

I run a 600w HPS cooltube with a 465 CFM exhaust fan and a 12" oscillating fan on 24/7. temps vary lo of 74F lights off and 86-88F lights on.

I keep my veg area directly neighboring my flowering chamber, and have yet to ever see signs of this mildew anywhere, and the area is so small it is just able to fit the mother with a clone box and lights, no oscillating fans circulating air, just a small intake duct fan.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-pla...e-powdery-mildew.html?highlight=powder+mildew
    I came across blizzt's thread of his experience with powder mildew, and discovered how the mildew loves Nitrogen, and im beginning to think it is what i am watering it rather than the environment the plant is in. I use small increments of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom for flowering, but recently just been using Tiger Bloom.

I came across a home remedy of 9 parts water to 1 part milk and gave that a go by misting the areas, but I only did that today so I will wait to see how it works.

Does anyone have a diagnosis on the problem and knows a solution to this? It is driving me nuts and want to wipe it out before it wipes my crop out. If anyone could help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.

2. do u have a source of standing water in your room, possibly a dehumidifier bucket? i have had problems from my dehumidifer bucket having standing water in it and some how it allows pm to appear even though the humidity is in the correct range. if you got standing water put some zone or fungicide in the water and it should clear up the problem

3. Nope I have nothing like that, I harvested a plant that came out perfect when this was about 2 weeks into flowering, so all it did was take up the room in the flowering chamber and do its thing. I literally have not changed a thing about this setup and all of a sudden this is effecting this plant and by the looks of it is not getting better. I think im going to go to the local hydro shop for some sm-90 because i heard that does pretty well, but i would love to kill this mildew quite some time before harvest to salvage any buds if possible. Still the tippy tops of the plants look ok but the bottom ones are really hurting now