Weird Panic Attacks when getting high

Discussion in 'General' started by sxesadie, Mar 6, 2010.

1. I've been getting really weird sensations and body responses for the past week every time I smoke weed. The first time something happened I had smoked a bowl and was at my computer then I felt what seemed like my heart skipped a beat and everything went black for literally half a second, not long but enough for me to notice. Now lately during a session I'll feel a feeling of just about 5-10 minutes of just being really uncomfortable then it passes. Sometimes light levels seem to change from being dim to really bright and orangish. It's gotten to the point where alot of the sensations I keep getting feel like I'm on the verge of or right in the middle of tripping on shrooms.

Last night I smoked a bowl and watched a movie and about 2 hours later smoked another on and off for about an hour. It was a good high and I was feeling fine then while sitting at my computer again I got a sudden rush of being stoned as fuck which was weird because I hadn't hit the bowl for atleast half an hour. Then it passed but I kind of freaked out and then it came again and turned into an involuntary panic attack. My heart started pounding and then I had a hot flash. I started wondering should I wake up my roommates in case I passed out but then I just ran outside to get air. I felt a bit better after that and then came back inside. I was still shaking because I was so freaked out by what happened and felt weak and uncomfortable again.

The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes or so and while typing this last night I had another rush of panic attack to the point that I was convinced if I went to sleep I'd die. It lasted about 15 minutes and then passed and I was albe to calm down and go to sleep but I'm still freaked out that it will happen again.

I've been smoking pretty much daily for the past few months and since I've been getting these sensations I questioned should I take a t-break. I took a 1 day T-Break and this all happens when I smoke the day after. Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on??? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2. yeah I had a freak out earlier but that's cause a car passed me and thought that i was high.

3. man i think i can help you! i know exactly what you're talking about and got it sometimes when i was younger, and i can tell you it is ALL in your head. both my sisters had to stop smoking pot because of this, they overthink everything when they get stoned and get really uncomfortable to the point you can see it when looking at them. you just have to relax, nothing is actually wrong with you, you are just thinking something is and it is intensifying the problem and will make it worse and worse.

take a break! its what i did, i stopped for about 3 months, i then picked up a vaporizer when i was out of town and thought i'd try it out and since then have had zero uncomfortable feeling and have been toking constantly ever since worry free. give your mind a break from the pot, it could be telling you to take a break. if you're having panic attacks the worst thing you could do is keep smoking and keep having these attacks.

good luck man hope i helped you a bit!

4. A few people I know are like that, except they got to that point by smoking like a quarter a day for a while.. and now they both can't smoke weed...

Best thing to do is find something that will distract your mind.. like writing or guitar..

5. ive had that too before a couple times, but the shit i smoked was laced. is there any chance of that being the case? if not then i would just take a break or find something soothing while you smoke. listen to some classical or some shit bro...whatever works

6. Thanks for the help everyone! No the stuff I smoked wasn't laced but it is a quarter of shake that I bought from my guy since it was cheaper than buds at the time. I've been trying to read up on panic attacks and all to prevent that from happening again and I think you all are right, I think I just need a break even though I'm not sure I can do more than 2 weeks or so but I'll see. Thanks all for the advice and help!

7. #7 Free The BIRDS, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    i am not experiencing what you are experiencing but i am having some fucked up feelings

i have been smoking... for well i think 2 years now. really doesnt feel that long at all. im high right now, and looking back at these 2 years my memories are fuzzy- or non existent.

since end of jan i picked up an ounce of dank and still have over a quarter left. my brain is worrying about tons of shit even when i tell it not too. seems like its a development of some kind of paranoia or something i cant really explain. for the first year or so i thought my memory was fine. people let me tell you that when high/coming down or still recovery from a high, i forget things i did 5 seconds ago. things like getting up and moving an object. things like, having a lighter in my hand 1 second, and ending up searching everywhere the next... only to find it under like a piece of paper or something,right where i was sitting originally

my brain is basically progressively getting worse with this daily smoking. i have just today switched from smoking multiple time to just thiss 1 time right now before bed, to avoid any withdrawl. i plan to progress to once every 2 days, once a week, and hopefully switch to smoking once in a month, from a vape.

im actually quite excited to stop this habit, and look foward to the many positives i gain back mentally.

i just wonder. why sooo many seasoned tokers dont tell people new to smoking what actually happens if you smoke daily for quite a while. are these people purposely not exposing, or is there some people who dont actually face these results. i would now recommend to everyone i meet who is new to smoking to not smoke more then every other day

8. smoke some meth and weed will be a godsend

9. #9 1109Blaine, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010

I am thrown off by this statement? Conspiracy theory being hatched.... long term smokers vs newbies?
    Yes, we all belong to a secret underground members only group who possesses the key to unlocking ALL of the secrets facing mankind, but since you have only spent, say, $500 of product in your life, we are not going to devulge anything to you!!!!:eek:

Seriously though, back to the question posed. My best guess is this bag has been laced with an ingredient that is causing you to feel these unpleasant, and perhaps dangerous, feelings.
    I recall when I first started smoking, the man I bought from did not really like me...it was a homophobic thing... and he added 'something' (never found out exactly what it was) to my bag. I experienced the same things you have but they were quite intense.
    I used to buy for many people at the same time and the particular time it happened, he made it a big issue to find out which bag I was going to keep for my own use. I felt real apprehensive when I left his house and knew something was up. I too felt real sick, actually threw up everytime I smoked it and would end up soaking wet an hour or so after I smoked. It got to the point where I thought I had some strange disease...until a friend bravely volunteered to smoke from this bag to see if my suspicions were correct. Sure enough, he went through the same thing I did only worse. He actually passed out after he puked his guts out....REAL scary and I did not know what to do. I ended up throwing out 1/2 oz and replaced it from another source. Never bought from him again.
    I found out a few months later, after he got busted, that I was among a few people who was the butt of this sick and dangerous joke he pulled. He told a mutual friend of ours he did lace our product because he didn't like us! Sick and demented person, huh?
    So based on MY personal experience, this is what might have happened to you...you got some 'infected' or tampered with weed and it is causing you to have these weird feelings. What I would do is set this stuff aside, buy from another source and see if your new product causes you to feel the same thing. If not, I think you might have found the reason for your episodes.

10. Because some 'seasoned tokers,' like myself, have never experienced adverse effects from the herb. I've never had a panic attack. I've never had the feeling of my heart beating out of my chest. I've never had a whitey from smoking too much, or not eating before smoking. Weed has been, for the last 13 years of my life, something that compliments my everyday activities and never gets in the way...and I've been a daily toker for 10 of those years.

Some people can handle weed, and some can't. It's as simple as that.

11. Yeah, stuff like that has happened to me before...so I took like a week break.

It was to the point where one night, I was alone at my house, took a couple rips off my bong, and then all of the sudden my head started pounding, I couldn't handle any light, and I literally had to go in my bed, under a blanket, with all the lights off in my house and just chill.

Like I said, I took a week break...and now i'm fine.
    That shit only happened once...it was scary.

So yeah, hope I helped. ^.^

12. Grow some balls
    [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

14. Yeah man, like others have said, It's most likely all in your head. Take a break, come back to it later, so on. If you have more problems or it doesn't quite go away, check out erowid.com

They've got a lot of very helpful information, from databases to hundreds of actual people's experiences.

I hope it gets better for you man. Not being able to enjoy the ganj is no good.

Are you just chilling in your room every time? Maybe you should try expanding your environment. Your mind can begin to feel trapped given certain conditions, and it's best to present a new situation for every high--else you'll begin focusing on negativity due to boredom. Though it sounds like you have some alterior anxiety issues which need to be dealt with.

15. Don't be an asshole about the situation -Jon. You won't be saying that shit if it happens to you.

But anyway Carlyxdarling, glad to know yours passed after a week break. That's how long I'm planning on taking one for myself. And Misc420, yeah its only been happening in my room so I'll take your advice and next time toke in a different enviorment. I've been stressed and all but weed normally helps that although I've been kind of freaking out over relationship problems... so maybe that attributed to it. But again thanks everyone for all the advice, I hoping a few days sober and changing my diet will help.

16. Whatever weed you are smoking I want some asap