Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Lung and Breathing Problem After Smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Agotfan, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Hi, iv'e been a daily smoker for about a year, I am home for summer, been smoking alot everyday. Anyways, for the past month, when i blaze up i find it hard to breath through my lungs, i feel as if i have to always take deep breaths, and am much more aware to my breathing, to the point where i cant breath without making myself do it. It happens when i smoke weed, i get a vaporizer tomorrow and will be running a test to see what happens when i vape. It sometimes feels like their is a lump or bubble in my throat. This is killing my highs, its hard to breath through my nose, and its hard to breath deeply, but only when im high. Anyone have any thoughts/advice/

2. #2 /R7, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    if you're really concerned about your health see a doctor. But chances are you calm down after a few hours? breathing goes back to normal?

By the sounds of blazing up, you mean doobies? 
    I smoke doobie after doobie some sessions and airways are noticeably restricted and deeplung inhalations can be difficult. 
    Remember breathing through your nose is better. There is a method i learned from yoga to open up your airways through your nasal -passages. You basically alernate closing each nostril 3-4times, and exhaling each breath out the other nostril. its a great method to calm down, as well as open your air ways. more information on the internet on howto do it.

Go for a bike ride- casually and intensely..  after a while the breathing is opened up on my rides... 

You could be experiencing irritation from the weed you're smoking. Is it good weed, Leeched well, burning white in a doobie? 
    If you're feeling pain outside your struggles to breath normal; see a doctor. but i think your high and not acknowledging the fact you've just inhaled smoke repetitively. Nothings perfect, it will affect your lungs. 

3. It's just the smoke irritating your lungs.  I get that feeling sometimes.  A vaporizer will help definitely.

4. Yeah its just your lungs telling you to ease up on your smoking. What are you smoking with?

5. I am using a bong, and i just got my new Vaporizer today!!! and so far i have no pain or trouble breathing. Thanks for all the advice guys!

6. Your lungs are getting outta shape man , I would try to get into something like swimming or biking to keep them going strong