Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird kind of cough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dottumblrdotcom, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Yo GC. I don't think it's weed that's given me this weird-ass kind of cough, but I can't exclude the possibility. And it's a pain in the ass to ask something like this on yahoo answers (they either say something about praying for it to get better or say that I shouldn't be smoking weed).
    Anyways, I've had this irritating kind of cough habit for a month now. It's like a wheeze where I force air out, focused at the top of my throat. It isn't really directed toward anything and doesn't clean out my throat either. Also, it now makes my chest vibrate a little like I had pneumonia (but I definitely dont have that). Oh, and I haven't smoked weed in about 2 months now, so it can't really be that. I'm just asking my fellow stoners if they've ever had this?

2. Sounds like the tar might have been building up on ya a little bit.

Personal suggestion: start small, run a mile once or twice a week and work up from there. This helped me immensely and should help you clear out your system. At the end of an intense run you will spit a lot of phlegm out

3. If you're still having your problem after 3 months of not smoking, it's not marijuana causing the problem. Gotta be something else.

Go ask your doctor if you have asthma or an upper respiratory infection.

Then again, it might not even be that serious. :confused_2:

Do you smoke tobacco a lot?

4. Nah I don't touch tobacco. If it matters at all, I've only smoked like 30 times in my life :eek: and it's always been through a water bottle bowl with aluminum foil. Oh, and half of the times I smoke, I get this weird rolling feeling in my throat, which sometimes can get so bad that I puke.
    I haven't felt sick at all lately- just depressed and stuff. Oh, and I used to have a more normal coughing habit like 4 months ago where I'd make a normal kind of chest cough to try and clear my throat, even if there wasn't anything. Strangely enough, when I smoked weed, that cough stopped.
    Weird, right? :confused:

5. I'm not sure about the cough man. There are probably hundreds of potential causes. If it keeps going or gets worse, I would see a doctor.

But for future reference, don't smoke out of aluminum. That shit is not good for you.

6. Yeah. I bought a glass bong a few months ago but left it at my moms house. I can't wait to break into it :D