Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Highs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by darklordwaffle, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Alright Blades, here's my story. I've been smoking for about 6-7 months now, since June. At first, of course, I would have incredibly intense highs that were always amazing. Occasionally they'd get a little overwhelming and I'd start to fight it, with predictably bad results. Sometimes I'd start to hear these weird noises (very hard to explain) that would almost seem to drown other things out. I remember some pretty freaky experiences, but none of them deterred me; I realized it was just because I was new to smoking, and figured it would get easier to handle with time. Over time, these "bad trips' became fewer and farther between.

Recently, however, I've been having these experiences where I'll be sitting around blazing with friends and I'll start to get into kind of a weird state of mind. I'll kind of drift off in thought and then I'll have trouble shifting my focus back to what's going on. I'll get really quiet and keep drifting back off into thought. I'll sit there and just think about how I can't seem to get a grip and it's like a spiral into anxiety. I'll also worry a lot about what people are thinking of me. This doesn't always happen, and it seems to happen more around certain people.

Thinking about it sober, it really just seems to be an issue of drifting off too much, and I tell myself that next time I'll just pay attention to what's going on around me. When I'm in the thick of it, though, it doesn't seem so simple. I know it's all in my head, that it's really just a matter of chilling out and not fighting the high, but it's easier said than done.

I don't really know what I should do here. I don't want to quit smoking; I still have some awesome times. But these experiences just aren't fun. any advice?:confused:

2. Sounds like you have some anxiety issues, which can be exaggerated by being high. You said it tends to happen around certain people - can you identify what it is about them that makes you feel uncomfortable?

I'd say give the herb some more time, like you said it is all in the mind, and it is something that can be overcome. Try to identify exactly what the problem is, see if it can be resolved, and most of all, chill. Peace!

3. You probably just get too high and drift off too much. Chill bro, you do nothing if you panick. You just get yourself worst.

4. Just listen to some music to drift out in a good way

5. Try smoking a bit less? I have the same issue if I smoke too much at one time, and get too high. I had to cut back in order to fully enjoy it without getting anxious, and paranoid.

6. You have to realize that you are smoking something to intentionally alter your state of mind! Once you see it using common sense and just relax and enjoy what you brought on then you will be fine! Remember the THC travels to the brain so it really is all in your head. Have the will power to overcome it.

7. the second time i smoked i had some crazy weed... extreme visuals that i wasnt at all expecting. scared the shit out of me. the walls and everything where waving in this strange sssssssssssssssssss pattern and i had crazy delayed strobe vision. the money i would pay for this weed now... .no idea what strain it was though.

8. Like everyone else has said you just need to smoke a little less and try to relax and know that it's putting you in an altered state but you are still you. I've had almost the same experience as you the 3 times I ate shrooms and I don't anymore because of it... But they're much stronger and psychedelic then pot. But I would get into this "mute" state where I was extremely anxious and basically couldn't speak but I was aware of my surroundings... weird stuff. But just relax my friend!

9. Pretty normal if u ask me, I'm sure it feels worse than it appears

10. you're feeling depersonalized, same thing happens to me. you prob are smoking too much pot or it's anxiety that you're feeling. that's why i am done with pot, it fucks me up so bad that i can't even have fun with it anymore, i know they're highs but i lose my mind everytime i do it. i get crazy visuals and i get super paranoid sometimes because pot is so strong nowadays. i want middle of the road bud, not this super dank shit anymore.