Weird Growing Situation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by colton620, Nov 13, 2014.

1. So I happened to find out my grandfather likes to smoke weed to help medicate himself for various problems he has had with neck and other stuff from Vietnam etc. Being older he doesn't really have the connections nor the money to buy cannabis all the time and reliably. Now after smoking one time together, we discussed growing it so that it would be easier for him to have a constant supply for when he needs it because it helps him severely. So basically like a you grow for me at my house and you can get your share type of deal. The thing is I'm not very well versed in growing cannabis. I've read cover to cover "Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing" and the various stickies on here but there are still some holes left in my knowledge. Since I do not smoke cannabis regularly I have no idea how much would be needed to supply him. My main questions are what would be an appropriate sized area to grow? How many plants? I basically just want some insight on how to go about making an appropriate sized area (lights, amounts of plants, should I do SOG or SrOG etc) to grow enough cannabis for him and a surplus for me and friends to use occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. My main questions are what would be an appropriate sized area to grow? How many plants? I basically just want some insight on how to go about making an appropriate sized area (lights, amounts of plants, should I do SOG or SrOG etc) to grow enough cannabis for him and a surplus for me and friends to use occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]

You read the book and stickies and this is all you need to know, tell the truth now ya lazy bollix ha

3. ^^^LOL

I also grow for personal consumption. I consume daily. Most days multiple times. For me a 400watt MH/HPS and 2 plants a run is perfect. Not to costly to set up or run. My first harvest was a few weeks ago and it was only 1 plant I pulled 3.5oz dried. I'm hoping off of my 2 plants now I pull between 5-8oz dried. This will ideally supply me for a 2 month break I am going to take while my mother is visiting me and the 3-4 months needed to grow a new batch. If you don't use everyday and he uses daily for medication I would think that would be plenty for your needs. Especially if you set up a perpetual.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

4. It depends on your budget. You didn't mention how much your grandfather smokes. How much does he buy and how long does it last him? You want to grow for yourself, friends, and grandfather. Hmm. How big is your space? I find it hard to believe you read books and stickies, yet don't know where to start.

A plant can yield as well as you can grow. It depends on lighting, soil used, nutrients, ventilation, ect. Some people do hydroponics.

It really just depends. Start with how much money you have to spend and go from there. And then research some more. I find it helpful and reassuring to follow or watch people's grow journals that are similar to my own setup that I purchased. That way I kind of can forsee my potential results.

5. I have read a lot I just don't want to mess up after spending money on a set up. So would a 400-600w HPS light for 4 plants be plenty for daily medical use and a decent surplus? I understand the actual growing process fairly well it was just the set up part. Knowing how big of an area the light needed and the amount of plants. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in these aspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Get a tent get a light the bits you need and go for it 600w hps perfect, practice and learn