Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Feeling In Throat After Smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hero14, Nov 7, 2010.

1. I've been smoking for a while now, and just recently I've been getting this feeling like someones putting pressure on my throat when I'm high. It's not that I've taken too big of a hit or anything, because for the few minutes before I actually become high I don't feel it, and the higher I get, the more intense it becomes. I don't know if it's something I should just try to look past, or if there's anything I can do to fix it. It's not a burning or sore feeling, it feels like someone's strangling me, but not tightly, and like I said the higher I am the tighter the grip.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Or have any idea of what I should do?

2. You should stop smoking bud.

3. For good?

4. it's probly from the fact your smoking. try getting some cough drops or throat spray, or you could even try having a glass of water or something while you smoke. how and what do you usually smoke when you do?

5. it used to happen to me but it just stopped randomly

6. It's happened from smoking decent mids out of a bowl, and a bong, orange kush out of a bowl, and one night me and a friend of mine smoked 2 bowls of skunk weed and it was so intense that I thought I was going to throw up. Since that night I've only smoked mids hoping that it would stop. When I smoke mids from a bowl or bong I still have the feeling but it's small enough that I can ignore it, but then I'm barely high

7. maybe you just a really dry throat, have you tried drinking juice, not water, you want something thicker, like citrus juice, that should help.

8. No, but thats a good idea. Ill try that out and see what happens. I've only drank soda or arizona green tea after, and neither of those are thick

9. i would also suggest taking some nyquil before bed for a couple days see if you're just getting a cold or something.

10. I think I get the same thing. Like my throat feels so tight and its sensitive to one little hit. Maybe because its out of a harsh pipe I don't know.

11. You may not be drinking enough water