Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Feeling In My Throat

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sketchy Newb, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Weed is expensive these days. Gotta pay for it somehow

2. haha word up. yous a funny cat

3. Every single symptom that you described was exactly what im going through right now..........I tested what the nurse said and i must say i think i have grown an allergic reaction to Cannabis......Its slowly going away after a month of my throat swelling and i tried benadryl last night......I have been able to smoke all night and all day today.....

4. it was prolly just mucous in the back of ur throat

5. mate i honestly get this all the time and the one thing ill say is if you smoke a lot of weed that you should probably move onto oils or vaping your bud, its help enjoy my highs way more without any difficulty breathing

6. I just started smoking and I get the same thing. It’s really bothering me because it makes you feel like you got throat punched. I only use a Vape pen and it still happens

7. That’s funny I didn’t think you had a gag reflex. Jk do u smoke flower and oil I’ve had that before as well from the mixing try a jolly rancher or a drink with honey in it.

8. #28 Joshbarber04, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Hey im having the same exact problem it feels like my uvula is movin around down there a few inches below my Adam's apple and it can get pretty painful (almost like its losing circulation or sumthin) and only happens when i smoke, i even tried edibles and the same same fuckin thing happened! (Im 13 btw if that makes any difference)
    Also ive been non-stop smoking since july

9. Hi Josh, yeah I just tried edibles too and it happened just the same as when I tried a vape. I’m starting to think it might be some sensitivity I have to weed. I am using it for chronic pain but so far what I’ve tried hasn’t helped me with that anyway. I may give up soon. The feeling in my throat just bugs me too much like someone has their fist in my neck

10. Ya same, i would try benadryl to see if that helps, but im on probation rn and any sort of medicine that can get ya loopy will make ya test positive. n all the medicine is locked up in my parents room cause of my past drug abuse n theyd probably think im just faking it to get a quik buzz so idk what to rly do

Sent from my LGLS992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I think i figured out what is causing it... I asked my dad about it and he told me he ussed to smoke when he was younger but after a while he started get really anxious (me and my dad both have pretty bad anxiety) and would get realy tight in the chest and throat and felt like he had to puke up something but nothing would come out ( which is similar to what i feel after smoking) and i thought why would i be anxious after smoking weed its my only time to really relax and feel happy and normal as i have severe depression but then i realized that this didnt start happening until i got on probation so... Idk, its just a theory but the benadryl didn't do shit so its the only thing i can think of

12. Who knows lol. Everyone is individual so do what works. I’m going to try using a 10-1 ratio

13. It’s 10 parts cbd to one part thc in either a vape or edible since my goal is for pain and anxiety but I need to be able to function during the way at work. I’m just trying out different suggestions from people.

14. Ok l might look into to that since its probably alot easier than trying to overcome my own anxiety lol

15. Yep I’ve always heard thc just gets you high but if you have the cbd oil with it, it helps you more medicinally. I’m no expert though which is how I found myself here. It’s all new to me lol. Good luck with everything

16. For me it usually feels like that white/yellow table tennis ball and no one ever understands what i mean

17. I know this thread is old, but seeing as my wife and I have been experiencing this for years and finally, through a doctor figured out what is happening.

Cricopharyngeal Spasm: What Is It, Causes, Treatment & Exercises

As for the cause... everyone is different I'm sure, but for me if I take too big of a toke and try to "hold" my "lungs" longer than I guess my muscle can, and they spasm.