Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird feeling in my throat (help)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kidweed, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Hello everyone!
    I’ve been smoking weed for about 5 years now but for the last half year i’m getting this weird feeling in my throat like something is stuck there and its hard for me to eat while i’m high or even to breath.. I’ve red some threads about it but still couldn’t find an answer..
    It happens every single time I smoke if its clean/mixed with tabacco, joints or bongs simetimes even after 2 or 3 hits from a joint, I can’t enjoy the weed anymore and I really don’t want to stop smoking, some said it could be allergy or something else..please help! Thank you for advance

2. i had this for a little bit at the start of the year and it just went away, all i can say is make edibles or some shit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's the COVID-19.
    :-(

BNW

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Does your throat itch? That’s one of the signs of an allergic reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Too soon brassy too soon lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Not at all I don’t feel any itch or something just like my throat closing or something like that

7. #7 Surfer8210, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    That’s a sign of an allergic reaction if you feel like your throat is closing.
    You could take a 25mg Benadryl about a half hour before you start smoking. That small of an amount of Benadryl shouldn’t make you drowsy but it should be enough to eliminate the throat issue if it’s allergy related.
    If you don’t experience any throat issues after taking the Benadryl, I think that you can safely put two and two together and come to the conclusion that you probably do react to cannabis.

8. Thank you a lot, ill try it! But i heard that if u have allergy then u wont be able to touch the flower or anything like that without getting at least some signs

• Like Like x 1
  9. It’s not a cut and dried thing like that, you might be able to touch it, or even eat edibles, but smoking might be what sets YOU off.
    Every single person is different, there’s no one size fits all approach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hi BrassN its not covid19 ive got it here in my hand,,,,;) mac:jump: IMG0492A.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. The weird thing is that I smoked for 4 years and everything was great..

12. An allergy can be developed over time. Change suppliers perhaps or grow your own.

13. That is so Cool.
    I'd guess it's just the current bag your smoking has a blend of Terpenes that doesn't agree with you.
    I've seen it since as a grower I have dealt with a 1000 different strains. Every now and then even I come across one that makes me Sneeze, Break out in a rash. Causes Numbing in mouth when smoked. A whole range of not quite allergic reactions. Call them sensitivities.

Cannabis is one of the most variable plant in existence as far as it possible combinations of Cannabinoids and Terpenes and it's the later that are responsible for all the various smells that make up each strain. Over 200 known Terpenes and the possible combinations for smell are virtually endless.

My Trimmer / Helper was even more sensitive to the raw just harvested plant and needed to wear long sleeves and gloves for some plants. As the plants dry and cure the skin issues fade but that plant would still cause mouth numbness when smoked months later.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  14. Picked up a clone strain called Lavender that did indeed smell like that. It was like being trapped in a elevator with a crowd of old ladies wearing some god-awful stinkum perfume. Damn I love 99.999% of the cannabis I run into but that was just foul to me. Grew out the original and cloned it so i had several. I couldn't give it away fast enough then I had to listen to the bitching about how vile it was.
    Stone was really good but the smell was unbearable. Damn people it was free and your complaining. LMAO it really was awful stuff.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thank you everyone! Today I smoked and tried to take more air when I inhale and drink more water between the hits and it was much better, Maybe it’s all in my head but you guys really helped me a lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Yo, after 5 years of heavy smoking when i started i had the same issue it wasn't a certain strain of weed causing it i was just hitting it to fast and hard, which it sounds like you were doing, all the best!

17. hi BrassNwood ..ive often though about that Lavender strain ,ive got to agree whole heartedly with ya ,,i have not grown it or even tried it ,,but just the thought of the smell and taste of Lavender turns my stomach yuk yuk yuk ,cant even imagine any one liking it either mate ..mac,,