Weird clones attempting to root

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by immanoob, Sep 26, 2012.

1. I cut a few clones which have been rooting in jiffy pots for a couple weeks so one of em is growing a cotton like think where a fan leaf was removed I suspect it is roots trying to grow what should I do with this? iv never seen this before they are in a dome under 18/7 and a 26 watts cfl

image-3690592562.jpg

2. #2 InTheGarden, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    I don't know what that is man. It certainly doesn't look like roots trying to form, usually that happens lower. But if they're several weeks old, they shouldn't be under a dome anymore. Are you sure it isn't some type of fungus? Hopefully someone will chime in who knows what it is.

edit: that also could just be stem swelling. It usually happens on the lower end of clones as they try to root. Odd that it's happening so high up if that's what it is.

3. It's only been a couple weeks and its only one the side that's missing a leaf idk it's very strange

4. So weird...

5. It sounds like typical stem swelling that occurs when a clone takes a while to root. Weird that it's happening so high up. I'm assuming it's hard, and feels like part of the stem? I don't think it's anything to worry about, but very odd.

6. I don't see what the issue is and why they arnt rooting there all very heathly but no signs of roots