weird bud smell

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by homebrewer, Oct 10, 2005.

1. I hung and dried my plants for almost two weeks and had to take them down because my parents were coming to help us work on the house. The stems still weren't to "snapping" dryness, but the buds were very dry. As I was manicuring I noticed that some of the smaller buds still smelled really strong and very "yummy" but some of the big huge ones had very little smell and just smelled like dead grass. I put all of the cured buds into mason jars and went to air them today. Some jars smell strongly of the good smell having a lot of the good little buds in them. Others smell like the dead-grassy smell. It doesn't smell moldy and there's no evidence of mold growing. The plants came from bag seed that I grew out and culled the males for sinsemilla. Is it just that crappy bud smells crappy after it's dried, or am I starting to get mold or mildew that I just can't see yet? Thanks!

2. Mix up the jars. Put some of the good smelling shit, with the grassy shit. They probably are too dry, if they've lost their smell. If it came off the same plant, it should get you high just as much as the stanky buds.