Weird bud shape after 3 weeks flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mr four20, Mar 11, 2013.

1. #1 Mr four20, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Hi everyone, I thought that some of you could help me... I originaly started this plant thinking I had bought an autoflowering blue Mystic seed but it appears that it's clearly not a blue mystic and it looks sativa dominant. I also bought this seed from canadianhempco and up to now I have tried germinating 7 seeds from them (LSD Lemon skunk and auto big devil #1) and they are all failed to even crack open.

My plants are grown in Coco substrate, MOkoko if I remeber correcly with all of Ionic nutes line plus O2, Cal-mag and superthrive. This unknown plant was vegged for 5 weeks and had only one cotyledon leaf at start:confused: which formed a 3 way main stem from the start istead of the typical one cola. It was vegged under a 600w mh and is now flowering under about 350w of cfl. If you look at the bud formation in my pics they seem to bud in a really weird shape, strech like crazy with really soft stems with no thc forming and the leaves are really thin and soft. Today is the 24th day of flowering. I see no seeds forming anywhere...

There is also a picture of one of my paradise seeds whiteberry's in my 600w tent that were at about 2 - 2 and a half week and the plant and you can clearly see the difference from the WB vs the Unknown... The wb were started at the same time as the unknown plant and were vengged in the same tent too.

Anyone have an idea about this strain's name and what is wrong with it? Trying to decide if I trash it or not.

Oh and my phone camera seems to make my plants looks more yellow than they really are; I dont have a nutrient defficiency.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Common guys someone must have grown a similar strain?

3. Are you 24 days from making the 12/12 switch or since it showed sex? Its definetly a sativa dom of some sort. Has that old school look to it. I would let it do its thing. Sometimes the ugly ones turn into that serious fire. That being said, keep an eye on it.

4. I'm 24 days since 12/12 switch and I'd say about 14 days since first pistills showed.
    When breaders say something like 50 days for flowering time, is it usually from the 12/12 switch or from the first pistils?

5. [quote name='"Mr four20"']

I'm 24 days since 12/12 switch and I'd say about 14 days since first pistills showed.
    When breaders say something like 50 days for flowering time, is it usually from the 12/12 switch or from the first pistils?[/quote]

I always start my count of "days in flower" once I see pistils. I think most others do to. So I would say she is about 14 days in flower. She should fill out. Seems to have a lot of bud sites on decently spaced nodes. Its early yet. If you have the space and I would let her do her thing for another week or two and then make a decision on killing her. She just might surprise you.

6. Thanks! My other concern is that it stretched so much that the stems are really thin and long, like 2 branches are not even 1/4" wide but are 3 feet long. They bend super easily and I can twist them between my hands at any spot easily. Do you think they will be able to support buds?

7. The stems should continue to grow as the plant matures. All strains stems are diff. I have had some that are exactly the way you are describing. Others were super hard and woody. Buds weighing down branches is a good thing imo lol. You can always tie them up if need be.