Weird ? Anyone can help me with this ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iBrownie, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hey y'all
    Alright, here's the thing, I have some weird things on my leaves.
    I don't know how to explain this but it's like some part of some leaves are having some discoloration.

My temp is between 77F-79F
    My nutes are at 3/4 strength and she loves it !!
    pH water is at 6.2 with nutes and without nutes too (taking care of that tho)
    If anyone can tell me...
    Maybe it's nothing because it is but please, help me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again buddies

2. Excellent pics!

...and I've looked long and hard at them. Appears older leaves are yellowing/dying which could indicate a lack of N earlier on in her growth...but right now, as you stated, she looks good.

Only thing I DO see is a couple leaves having tip discoloration.... which would almost indicate fert overload.

I'd say wait and see if it progresses or works itself out - changing anything now to try and 'fix it' may result in causing more issues than removing them.

3. Hey Klutter
    Thanks again man !!

Well actually I had a problem with my plants before because i thought i had some thrips invasion because of the silver color on my leaves so decided to put neem oil on them...
    Thing is i didn't sprayed the neem oil late night but when the lights were on so it burned a lot of leaves.
    Fact is, I didn't have any problems.
    But everyday she grows, the more discoloration or the older eaves are kinda dying
    So i don't know if it's because it needs more humidity or i still don't know...

So what do you think I should do ? stop the nutes ? back it off a bit ?

Thanks again about the comment and yes she looks so beautiful :)

4. #4 ricard0, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    Like Klutter said, waiting to see what happens will tell you more about how to fix it. If you just guess at the problem, your chosen remedy may actually serve to worsen your problems. Try plain water for a few days and see how she reacts. Cannabis hates drastic changes (for the most part) so whatever you decide to do, try to make it the least invasive coarse of action 1st, followed by progressively stronger measures if necessary.

EDIT: The pics look good to me. You may have a bit of rust in your water which can cause similar spots. It may be the PH. What are you using to measure PH & TDS? Are you watching the EC as well?
    Are you on City water, Well water, RO?

PH can be a real hassle. Some strains will prefer a ".1-.4" difference comparatively. These look like seedlings. Or are they clones? If clones, you can start dialing in the PH for the strain by administering small changes (different values) to each sister and watch for changes. Harder to do with seedlings due to phenotypical diversity.

5. Alright thanks again ricard0 and Klutter !!
    I will try plain water and see how it goes.
    I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks again bud(dies)

6. /agree with all other posts. One thing though - dead leaves sitting on top of your soil. Maybe you just cut the dead leaves off but try not to leave dead matter around as it can act as food for pests and predators.
    Those babies look healthy! Wish mine still looked that perfect.

7. Thanks for the kind words Rumpletruffle
    I try to give them the best love I can...Yesterday before they went to bed (like 2 hrs before) we went clubbing (my apartment) and were singing and they were listening to music and I singing...
    I might think they loved it haha (pretty lame I know but yeah they are my babies)

Rumpletruffle, I removed all the dead leaves as you said .

Again, thanks again for the kind words guys

8. It's from seedling.
    Actually, I am not watching the EC as well but only the pH.
    I've got a pH pen which I calibrate every third use.
    Maybe it could be the pheno but maybe it's something else which I still can't figure out beside what you guys said earlier.