Weird Angled Blank Closet; Help me turn into Plant Heaven!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by typicalsmoker89, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Next Update:

I stopped immediately the paper towel thing when I got home today. I know i'm not all that good at it (this being my first time and all) and quickly did it the 'most natural way'.

I been purchased some MG lightweight seed starting soil...and these little biodegradable pots. I just wanted to use them when I saw a root. But I've come to change my ways again and have placed the five bag beans (started with six, dropped one on the floor somewhere) down into the light weight soil, watered so that these pots are moist and not wet and stuck them up in their rightful spot.

Two pictures.
    First one, after I finished potting the beans..
    [​IMG]

Second one, in their new semi-may-possibly-be-permanent home..
    [​IMG]

2. Hey man!

Great decision on going for it in the closest. It's easier than it seems.

About light and ventilation. If you are going 12/12 from seed, make sure to set your times so they go off at night in the dark, and that they come on at a time that you will be there. If you can manage that you can leave the door open and just keep your room dark. Or, remove the door and hang a really dark or thick blanket with some staples or some small nails and that should give some good ventilation.

Those clamp lights are awesome, I use the 8" ones, but I also only use one bulb per light. I also try to keep the reflectors on. They make a huge difference. But on some bigger bulbs, like my 55w's you take the off and set the bulb up sideways. I'd pick up another curtain rod if I was you, I just had to buy another one. So when your girls get bigger you can hang lights on either side of it. Also you can hang one light from the rod and clamp another light to the reflector. I do that to get light to the lower parts.

Glad you went with the simplest method, you will be rewarded when your girl starts sprouting up and away.

Welcome to grow club :smoke:

3. you should have 4 cfls on 1 reflector. a y with two y's on that. 4 bulbs each lamp and put some safety blankets in the back to reflect that light. I would clone up top and use 2 hempy buckets in a ScrOG down below.

4. i really wouldnt recommend a hempy bucket for someone whos never grown before. bit of a steep learning curve when it comes to hydro

5. I was refering to the Hempy buckets with the perlite/vermiculite mix. Wasn't aware that was considered hydro. With what im talking about over wateringfeeding is next to impossible. Ima see if i can find that article, I could have the names mixed up.

6. yep i know what hempy buckets are:wave: its a form of hydro, uses hydro nutes at hyrdo PH. also impossible to overwater in coco:hello:

7. lol, ok I raed the article and thought it was simple enough. My biggest problem was ph so i figured hempy would be easier to keep that right. o well. im noob, jus tryin to help :smoke:

8. well with hempy, you have a mini reservoir at the bottom of the bucket. to keep the PH steady you have to be pretty dead on with how much nutrients you use. if you over feed, the plant will be using more water than nutrients and the PH will drop. if you underfeed, the plant will use more nutrients than water and the PH will rise. so if you know exactly what nutrient levels your plants need, you can keep your PH pretty damn consistent:wave::smoke:

9. Do you have a window in your room?
    You could always put a few boxes clothes and other random stuff in front of the closet. I would definitely be careful. Keep an eye on your room mates and their friends!
    Literally with a webcam in your room!

10. The only reason to put four in one is using smaller CFL's. It's a waste of money. Just use a larger CFL to begin with and utilize the reflector, or just take it of and hang the large bulb sideways.

11. every time I look at your rep bar DH it's larger, so fast.

12. Lol, I don't really pay attention to that really. But it only comes from trying to help people and posting good information. Sometimes you get recognized and it adds up. :smoke:

13. Last time I seen it last week, it was at 2 lime green. Sheesh

14. Nah, it's takin awhile. I haven't even been on much in the past month. It's really not important anyway.

15. I know I was just wondering.

16. I have a webcam on my laptop but I'm not sure how to get it to be like a monitoring device for my room. I know I'm going to have a lock for my room and everything but they are already suspicious of me growing marijuana because they saw the seed starting soil hehe. I should be good though since I got in touch w/ my buddy. If I get these seedlings sprouts, I'll be super ecstatic nonetheless but willing to move 'em to what he has prepared.

17. I wish my Rep Bar did that..