Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird Allergic Reaction To Thc, Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by vini, Sep 3, 2014.

1. #1 vini, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

It seems I have developed some sort of an allergy to THC. I've smoked for the past two years, a few times a week, no problem. I switched to vaping around a year ago, same thing, vaped without an issue. Around a few months ago, I started noticing symptoms of Asthma, my throat gets extremely dry, I can't breathe through my nose any more for a few hours, the chest feels congested as well. I have tons of white thick mucus/phlegm come up, sometimes I have trouble breathing through my mouth too. It took me a while to figure out that it was the pot, but after a few hours of smoking, all of these symptoms disappear. I'm at the point where the high is just impossible to enjoy.

A few things for background, I've quit for a few months, never had the symptoms, the first high after quitting for a while is usually really good for a few hours, and then the nose congestion comes, followed by the mucus and breathing issues. I've tried albuterol and all sorts of anti-allergy/decongestants, they don't seem to help at all. 

I've also experienced anxiety on pot before, I really don't think this is it. Underneath the breathing trouble, I'm still getting a good feeling, no bad thoughts, heart rate issues, or anything that could lead to an anxiety problem. It's not a lung issue, since I've tried edibles, they make the symptoms even worse and more prolonged. I also don't seem to be allergic whatsoever to the plant itself, no issues breathing in the spores or coming in contact with it in any way when I'm not consuming it. It's almost as if my body mistakes THC for something else and triggers all these symptoms for no reason.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or is this the end of my relationship with this plant? :(

2. I get a stuffy/congested nose too but I also think that the asthma part isn't because of smoking, it might be though idk because I'm not a doctor

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum