Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird After Taste From Bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by just one toke, May 1, 2014.

1. We were smoking my weed out of my bong yesterday when my friend packed a bowl of his bud that he admitted he got pretty cheap for 20 for an eighth(usually max 35 around here for really dank) I figured it'd just get us less high but I hit it and at first it was fine but as soon as I blew it all out it had this absolutely terrible aftertaste. I was already really stoned so the aftertaste might've been less intense than I thought but I just knew something wasn't right so I hit the bowl one more time later and had the same aftertaste so I said I'm not smokin that shit lol.

That was my first time smoking anything less than dank, and I looked at it and it looked fine just not crystally. Do mids just have a bad taste or was there something in the weed, maybe mold? Not really worried I just feel sorry for anyone smoking that shit or worse lol.

Also my friend said he couldn't taste anything and I proceeded to burn the rest of the half gram bowl in one hit for him lol. The cloud he blew out was so fat haha

2. Sounds like it wasn't properly flushed weed. 

Check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rya1UE20jo0

3. Could've just been old. Moisture in the bud could be the problem. Not dried properly, dried too fast. Weed is sometimes kept in the freezer by sneaky folks that know that it will add moisture and therefore weight. Could've been some buried buds that someone stashed away. In the dry period here before harvest, the buried weed comes out and it is foul to smoke.

4. Yeah i've had weed like that, it could be anything from not being flushed to the grower spraying chemicals on the plant to get rid of pests like spider mites. It won't kill you but bad tasting weed is the worst, i'm always confused to whether or not i'm ok with getting it... it's weed, i'm high, but it tastes like shit...

5. bad tasting weeds the worst. who wants ass taste in there mouth. i dont get why ppl smoke dirt. its not even enjoyable.

6. my pickup before last, so approximately....1-2 months ago, one of my 8ths or 1/4 just tasted like crap...bud looked absolutely gorgeous and smelled good, but when i smoked it wow aftertaste was just stale and ashy...hadnt had bad tasting like that in a long time, i just mixed it with daank or threw some kief and was all better. the high was fine, i just kinda grunted everytime i went to pack a bowl because i knew what ensued.