Weiner Throws in the Towel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimi Thing, Jun 16, 2011.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/nyregion/anthony-d-weiner-tells-friends-he-will-resign.html?_r=1&hp

It's his own damn fault for handling this thing about as poorly as he possibly could have. Should have just been honest from the get go. It's a shame he the media circle jerk about this shit for as long as it went on (and will continue to go on).

I enjoyed his anti-Republican rants and interviews on Fox, but other than his inflated ego he was really just your run of the mill, dime-a-dozen democrat. I lost much respect for him after finding out about his stances towards Israel/Palestine anyways.

2. I'm not touching that starchy towel...

Too bad he was a breath of fresh air... Hopefully he will be replaced by someone whos ideas stand for the people.. lets not hold our breath though..

3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that that's out of the way, can we get back to talking about real issues?

4. Weiner's cooked.

[​IMG]

5. Hahahahaa

6. LOL Douchebag.

7. The thing with lying is that the liar believes that if they just fudge it a tad more it will be okay. Until they get called out on that part, that they lie again.

But it's a shame, Kinda enjoyed his in-your-face thing he had going for him.

8. Oh come on Rep. Weiner lied about his PRIVATE sex life. He didn't lie about the Iraq war, or lie about health care reform, etc. Anthony Weiner did not do anything illegal, it was fox news that continued to press Weiner to resign, and fabricated a story about a 17 year old girl, which was NOT true. The progressives lost there leader, a true man who was working to fight for the middle/ and working class. It's so damn sad that the democratic party threw him under the bus after everything Anthony Weiner did in congress. Its a damn shame, the progressives now have little to none of a voice in congress.

9. [​IMG]

This is nice

10. really, I didn't give a shit about his perversions...guess we should retroactively toss JFK under the bus ...

[​IMG]

11. It's a shame. I feel like he was one of the few that wasn't in it for the money. Heres a video of him getting pissed at Republicans during that 9/11 victims compensation nonsense.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4]YouTube - ‪Raw Video: N.Y. Rep Weiner's Anti-GOP Rant‬‏[/ame]

12. Weiner got soft..

13. #13 Lenny., Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    Yep that's the first time I heard of him. I liked him for standing up for what he believed was the right thing to do.

14. good riddance..

15. "Anthony Weiner goes flaccid after pressure from Ms. Pelosi"

16. I wonder which revolving doors he'll be allowed through...

17. Wiener/Holder for 2012!!!

18. the moral here is "do what ever you want with your Weiner, just man up and don't lie about it"

19. I highly doubt this could have gone any other way. Honest or not there is no room for being a normal human being in politics.

Yeah, yeah... we don't all take cock shots. It's not like its that uncommon though.

20. Weiner should have done what John Kyl did (after lying on floor while congress was in session) and tweeted that the things he lied about before coming clean were "not intended to be factual statements.