Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weight training and smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Terminus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. I'm just wondering what you all think of the subject. I've been working out for 2 weeks now everyday building some strengh and am wondering to what degree you think smoking everyday could affect my training.

I do little cardiovascular work so tired lungs aren't a big problem for me. I prefer not to ask the person who is training me about this for obvious reasons and I can't find anything on the internet on the subject.

2. I've heard of people that are well commited to working out every day and still smoke weed regularly, it shouldn't be a problem unless you stop working out to smoke more weed.

3. it will obviously affect your health and gains a bit.. but i work out and smoke pretty much all day everyday, and it doesnt seem to be much of a problem really..

i guess it just comes down to whether youre willing to give up blazing for the health benefits or not

4. Obviously the tokage is worth it ^_^

5. i smoke every day, and i lift monday, wednesday and friday. i havent noticed much of a problem

6. anyone here lift while high?

you should try it sometime, its fun

7. yea..... i almost dropped a 40 lb. dumb bell on my face while pressing........ i like smoking after now..... im not as lazy, as when i lift high...

8. I dunno. i gave up weights long ago, but it seems silly to take a muscle relaxant to lift weights.
    or is dat just totally incorrect.

9. well.. more often than not its "hey, i just realized i have to work out today, its 1 AM, and im baked as fuck!"

keep in mind that weed makes anything fun

10. Me and my friends all lift weights and shit and we're all pot heads.. Supposedly you're not supposed to lift weights while high though, something about heart rate... meh

11. Lately i've been lifting weighs while stoned and i find it to be much better than sober. I feel very motivated and like a machine that nobody can stop, but i have also noticed that when me and a friend lift stoned we laugh while struggling with the bench press and drop the bar on us everyime.