Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weight of a Ziplock

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ThisIsRealLife, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hey guys. just bought an eighth from my dealer and went to my chemistry class lab to weigh it out. the problem was that i couldn't weigh the weed without the bag so i was wondering if anyone can weigh out an empty 2x4 baggie

looks like this

Attached Files:

2. Bags that size usually weigh in between 0.5g and 1.0g (I'd guess 0.8-0.9g based on what I just tested), but it all depends on the brand and composition of the plastic. Unless I knew exactly what bag you have, and had an empty duplicate, no one can give you an exact answer. But, that look to be about an eighth in nug form.

Time to slam you though... is it really worth the risk of being caught at school with an eighth of weed just to see if you were shorted by a few bits of a gram? Couldn't you just live with not knowing, or buy yourself a scale, instead of risking all the trouble you could have gotten into?

3. what did it weigh with the bag on? looked at the pic, deff not an 8th. looks like 1.5 max.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. What was the weight with the weed in it... If it was close to what u was buying then ur good..

5. looks about right

• Winner Winner x 1

6. Yea, what he said. How bout you just bring a bag to the lab and weigh it next time you're there? without out weed in it next time!

7. I thought a ziploc had to have a the zip on it? :s

That's a standard plastic weed bag. Or it looks like to me.

8. Looks shy unless that shits compressed, but who knows.

9. nahh it was a little over 4.01 something grams

10. I think ziplock is just a generic name now for any plastic bag that has a seal.

like post it's, white out, where a brand becomes the general term for an entire product.

11. A plastic baggie like that would weigh around .5

12. Empty out the bag and weigh it...?

13. If it was 4.01g using a Chemistry lab scale, you may have possibly been shorted a bit. But I just found a bag like that one (I swear it's identical), and it's about 0.6g. I'll be honest, it's completely possible that your dealer, having a scale that only goes to 0.1g precision, may have gotten a reading that read 3.5g when it wasn't really accurate. I wouldn't call foul play here necessarily, that's pretty damn close IMO.

14. into your chemistry lab? dude, seriously? that's the only place you could find a scale?

15. Taking weed into your chemistry lab in itself is a joke, and disrespect to your school.

16. yea i know it's risky but i was very careful and it was pretty safe. there was nobody else on the floor and i was in and out in less than a minute. just didn't want to risk it anymore by taking out the weed or anything

17. Yeah I just weighed one the same size. Got 0.62

18. damn it must be pretty dense bud then. .5-.6 sounds about right for the bag.

19. yep. super accurate lol

20. oh well