Weight Loss - Doin' it!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Autumnwind, Feb 12, 2012.

1. #1 Autumnwind, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
    Hey Blades. Going to change my life starting right now.

I've always been a bigger guy. Had a family that ate really unhealthy foods (basically, no fruits or veggies. All meat and salty shit.)

Currently I weigh roughly 260 pounds (will weigh myself after I buy a scale tomorrow)

Lately, I've been scared of my life. I'm not gigantic, and honestly I have a lot of energy and work my ass off when it's asked of me. I just have a great work ethic. But, my heart has been...telling me there is something wrong. Warning signs, I can tell. Every once in a while when I eat a pretty greasy food, after I finish eating my heart will start skipping beats. Or it feels like it's about to rip out of my chest. I don't want to die before I live my life, or be limited because of this reason.

I'm quitting my sedentary lifestyle right now. I'm tired of being depressed because of the weight. I have my first job in a year, and I'm moving up in my life step by step. But this weight is truly bringing down both my body and emotions. My confidence is at an all-time-low. It's going to fucking stop now.

I'm scared for my life physically and mentally. It also wouldn't help to get healthy looking for my future cutie (whoever that may be). Being in a relationship because of love is one thing, but not being fully attracted to your partner (which is no fault of the person whom isn't attracted.) because of health reasons is another.

So, I'm starting today. I'm going to update this thread weekly with how I'm doin'

Currently, the way I'm going to do this, is start buying vegetables and fruit. If I want a snack, eat an apple not a bag of chips. If I want a meal, hell - fill up on salad first and make the food for my family.

I feel if I get slimmer (or at least take some of the weight off) my life would be so much better.

My Current Weight: 260 (Roughly)
    My Target Weight: Roughly 210 (200 - 230 would be nice)

Reason why I'm telling? To document, so I can't let myself down and just forget. Also, I'm using a site called "Sparkpeople.com" to help track calories, get weight loss plans, and other stuff. One of its "steps" is to admit it to Family. So I did.

Also, currently, my goal is to get slimmer. I don't want my fat to turn into muscle and be this big dude with muscle lol. I really just want to get leaner, slimmer, and then build muscle after all that is said and done.

Here is a picture of me a few weeks ago. Yes, I know I need a new wardrobe. I didn't think I was going out that day (last minute thing) AND my laundry wasn't done yet. <---Excuse. I just need a new wardrobe.

[​IMG]

2. You don't even look 260 but gl brah , you can do 5-8 pounds a month no problems, you won't recognize your self come summer

Exercise 4-5 times week !

3. You need to excercise, too. Eating healthier will help, but it will be more effective if you excercise. I would start walking for a couple weeks, then switch to running.

4. Hey, I recently started losing a bit of weight as well. After some progress, I have lost about 10 lbs. in the last two weeks, and I'm looking to lose at least 10 more. If you have a smart phone, try out the "Fitness Tracker" app. Basically helps you keep track of all your exercise, calorie intake, etc... It's been a good tool for me, especially since I'm not home very often.

Good luck!

5. Heres my tips, if you follow them youll be losing weight in no time and get slim, much more then your goal..if you want to

First of, losing weight is simple you have to burn more calories then you consume (easy)

Exercise, Just throw 1 walk a day to you daily routine in the start, walk for 30-60 min in whatever pace you want, faster the more you burn but casually walk is just fine. Jus be sure that you get the walk done no matter what.

And when youre ready throw another walk a day into you routine 20-40 min. Learn to love walking, its your time, some favorite music on the mp3 and get going

Food, start at eating 4-6 small meals a day try to eat every 3 hours, cut down on carbs and dairy products, and stop eating anything with sugars/fast food/ice cream all those type of foods. When you eat a easy way to portion is never eat more then 1 plate, and try having less on the plate/smaller plate...
    Eat fiber like oatmeal, and also great for slow carbs. eat protein and some vegetables/fruit to every meal, as i said cut down on carbs and calories you consume.

Summary eat frequently and overall less then before and little more exercise.

I also recommending you take fish oil, or other omega 3 fat its good for you and your body wont be afraid of using fat as fuel.

Btw eat 2 hours before you walk so you dont use what you eat as energy. A good option is walk 30-40 minutes before breakfast.

Hope this helps, god luck!

6. That's good for you man. You'll be surprised how much weight you can lose by just cutting all the crap out. Add frequent exercise to this and you'll be on your way. Good luck!

7. Good luck! It's gonna be hard sometimes. Keep goingggg.