Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weight lifting while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheStoner420, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Im thinking about lifting weights while high. Do any of you do this? If you can't, why not? :bongin:

2. I work out while high (that includes weight lifting). I prefer not to go completely faded, but rather just smoke a little about half an hour before hand. Throw in some ear buds and you will be totally distracted from the grueling workout you are doing.
    If I do end up being too high it makes the workout useless though because I will feel like just chillen. I would just suggest you try it and see how you feel about it, everyone is different.

Lev

• Like Like x 1
  3. I lift my arms when i'm on the couch to eat stuff, but you won't see me doing anything besides sitting down when i'm baked.

4. Never tried, but i really can't imagine being pumped up and feeling aggressive while high, it's almost impossible, and that's what helps me lift.

5. I prefer to smoke after pumping iron. If I blaze before I usually get less motivated and lazy. Either way I'll lift everyday.

6. i have like no strength when im high... shit its a battle to get the wrapper open on my corn dog lol.

7. i dont like being completly high while working out because it makes me feel out of breath, and i feel like my heart is pumping faster. but if im buzzed, its enjoyable and helps me concentrate on my reps

8. Contact fitstoner, he might have some insight on this :smoke:

9. He's banned buddy. :smoke:

10. take Jack3d then smoke a few hits, your workout will be superior to any other and you will beast some 17" arms in no time

11. I've got no idea how working out while high on Sativa dominated strains, but for Indica, there's no way-- for me at least-- to do heavy physical movement, let alone workout! Once when I was super high, I couldn't even open my soda!

12. so true, once i couldnt even lift a taco to my mouth let alone any sort of actual weight lol.

13. One of the most satisfying workouts i've ever had was while high - don't get a proper smoke, you want to be high enough to start getting lost in your thoughts but still be functional.

Being high while working out increased my focus, increased the number of reps I did and generally boosted motivation. Sounds batshit insane, but if you feel good about yourself while working out - imagine how good you feel working out high.

14. [quote name='"prettychill"']One of the most satisfying workouts i've ever had was while high - don't get a proper smoke, you want to be high enough to start getting lost in your thoughts but still be functional.

Being high while working out increased my focus, increased the number of reps I did and generally boosted motivation. Sounds batshit insane, but if you feel good about yourself while working out - imagine how good you feel working out high.[/quote]

Yeah I can relate to that. I would smoke and workout and that swoll but lifted feeling I get after makes me feel so much more pumped!

15. I smoke weed all the time before and after my workout. I usually enjoy my weed using a popper bong with a little bit of tobacco. I feel like weed doesn't really get me lazy/unwilling to exercise at all... Might just be me though.

16. sativa dominant strains?

17. i have done it a few times before but i wouldnt really suggest it. in my case anyway, i didnt feel motivated at all. i just felt like going back home and chilling. i felt it was kind of a waste of a work out and some good tree lol.i always smoke after i lift though, helps the body relax and recoop faster i feel. friends of mine like to go lift high though so i guess everyone is different. just try it out, its not like its gonna be your last workout ever lol. if its not for you, well then lesson learned.

18. :smoke: bothhh mann, whatever i can get my hands on. i guess for me it's just mind over matter though

19. I've also read some studies done that prove that smoking post-workout is beneficial for muscle recovery. It apparently acts as a relaxant and some of the strongest people in the world have or still use pot as a muscle relaxant. Look at RVD :)

20. I take a fat bong rip and then go work out ...its the only way I enjoy to workout and lift weights... Just gotta motivate yourself..cant be lazy.

BUT...nothing feels more relaxing then laying down after a really long workout...after lifting weights n shit.... roll up a nice doob and kick back...you feel your muscles relax and you can just fall asleep any second.