Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weighing infront of patients

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iBreathe, Jul 15, 2010.

1. #1 iBreathe, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    Hey all mmj patients, I was just wondering if you guys think asking your budtender to weigh the flowers infront of you, so you both see the scale, is inappropriate or bad etiquette. I personally never have asked anyone for this favor although I prefer and expect it. It's always shady to rely on eye balling nugs just because it may vary from strain to strain. I am open to/ would appreciate suggestions. :smoking:

• Like Like x 1

2. Honestly I'd never even think about it, I'd just go to a dispensary that I know has a genuinely medical attitude and wouldn't rip people off. God I wish I lived in a MMJ state.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I live in a MMJ state and it's useless. There's a total of under 200 patients and NO dispensaries

4. well, yeah, I wish I lived in CO or CA.

5. amen.
    I hear Potland, i mean Portland OR is gonna be a great place soon too..

6. i think its proper etiquette to have the scale clearly visible when weighing nugs. i have my own scale that never leaves home, so i can double check the legitimacy of my sacks if i have any question.

7. Indeed ^.^ I Live in 'potland' and it's fantastic :hello:

On topic, I would never think to have the dispensary weigh it out. If they want to stay open, they wouldn't consider ripping someone off. They are a legitimate business that wants to keep doing business with patients. However, I do have a scale at home that I double check with.

8. yeah they should assume you have a scale at home and weigh it

9. One of the dispensaries weighs everything out in front of me, the other has both already bagged cannabis and also will weigh out in front of you if you prefer. Both dispensaries are rather generous in weighing out on the digital scales. (Small town, 3 dispensaries, customers enough for 2 dispensaries!)

Granny

10. Aight. Good thoughts everyone.

11. This. When you buy other bulk commodities that are sold by weight it's weighed in front of you. It's only proper to do so with cannabis as well.

12. anyone else think this said "weighing in front of parents"?

13. no, DYSLEXIC!!!!
    jk buddy :)

14. #14 JollyStoner, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    I guess if you asked nicely it wouldnt hurt. Budtenders are not high and mighty and they should give you (the customer) enough respect to weigh it in front of you.

I also have a little scale and usually weigh my greens when I get home. If they short me, I wont go back again or at least leave a comment on Weedtracker letting them know. The place I go to usually weighs it in front of me and gives me slightly more just in case his scale is ever off by a bit and needs calibrating.

15. Absolutely.

16. Since I don't know anything, the guy at the place here spent about half an hour showing me what a gram was, an 1/8, quarter etc. and how different weed's density made for fuller or less full bags at the same weight. :)

Your budtender should be accommodating if they wish to keep your business.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a quality digital scale that doesn’t cost a fortune?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Amazon has a bunch of them....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks! but i'm looking for a little more info than "Amazon Has Some" i'm perfectly aware Ebay and Amazon have them my friend, i was hoping for some input from someone who owns a model they like and isn't the size of a flip phone, and maybe is good to 0.01

Please and Thank You!

20. Not to be a dick but it's best if you start a new thread.