Week Three of Flower OG Kush (day 15)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by skullbasher23, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Everything is going according to plan. Up until a couple days ago I hadn't sprayed anything on the plants for two months. Mother nature was doing its thing and protecting my garden. But now that calyxs are stacking, I will be drizzling them with BT every 4 days (all personal, don't trip, even tho BT is pretty safe). Starting to notice way more moths and butterflies ever since they started to bloom. Roots are white and appear root aphid free and leaves appear to be mite free. Weather is still around ~110 and doesn't seem like it's gonna change.

Haven't fed the plants for over abut a month. Zero signs of deficiencies and I can still see pieces left of the Dr earth granules so just riding it out as long as I can and save a little money. Figured less is more anyways with these type plants. When I see a hint of yellow I'm gonna top dress it one more time with the flower bud booster Dr earth stuff and call it a season for feeding.

Currently deciding whether to "schwazz" my plant or to leave it alone. If it can increase my yield then definitely going to do it but from what it seems after extensive research I can't find any conclusive information proving that it works. From a logistical point of view it makes sense. Less foliage to deal with which means less places for bugs to hide, less spray and less trimming which all equals more money in pocket. Also decreases humidity which is usually always a plus in heavy flower with indicas. CONS, well the only one I can think of is that the plant will have less "insulation" from excessive heat and way more prone to bug damage since it won't have all the extra leaves to make up for whatever nutes they sucked which could then reduce yield. Also stress which would rob me of flower production time which is limited unlike veg where I can stretch with lights.

What do y'all think? Anyone ever take like 6 plants from the same mother with equal trunk diameter, schwazz 3 and leave the others be. Then compare the average yields to see which method resulted in greater yield? I feel like that would be the perfect experiment.

I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to anything nontradional. Weed has existed for thousands of years and a bigger yield is something that everyone wants. Why did it take till the 2000s to figure this out. I sometimes feel that "newer methods" are puposely made up by assholes to reduce competition's yield.

If anyone has convincing data that it works please share. If it does work then yeah I will be all for it but until then I think Im just cutting off whatever is rubbing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow, really nice looking plants skullbasher23.

I hardly ever trim the foliage but when I do it's usually only the very bottom leaves to help airflow and maybe a couple huge/wide fanleaves blocking light/airflow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grrr I still can't make a final decision lol.

[​IMG]