Week old plants tips curling?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by whuh, Jul 19, 2010.

1. I have 2 plants that are a week old and everythings nice and green but the very tips of the 1st leaves they got are curling down... No yellowing or anything. I'm using promix I think bx? i havent used any nutes at all yet just regular water thats been sitting out for 24hr. theyre under a 400 watt hps ... is it normal or is that bad?

2. Hi there, do you have a picture? Also, are you ph'ing your water?

3. #3 whuh, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
    Yeah heres a few pics. No I don't ph my water but i use lime in my soil to stabilize it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I have the same problem on a few but other then that looks good don't know what the answer is but I am here to find out :)

5. No one knows?

6. Right on, well if you're using Promix, then you are in a soiless mix so you need to play by hydro rules or your grow will go to hell here pretty fast.

Lime is good, but Promix usually has some in it already, and regardless you need to ph your water to 5.8. Right now you are locking out magnesium & calcium which can cause some droopiness and a host of other issues that are on the way.

And you need to feed as well, Promix has no nutrients. Be sure to use some good quality hydro nutes that have trace elements.

This should get you back on track here, but don't let this go too long! Good luck!

Note: Coco is a soiless medium just like Promix, just about everything in my coco guide applies to Promix except coco specific items of course. If you need some ph & feeding reading material, all that stuff in there applies.