week old plants falling over?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ghost360, Jun 21, 2013.

1. I have 7 plants growing right now, 3 have been saved from when i found seeds in my danks and others are seeds from mersh. The mershs eeds have big thick stocks while my 3 dank seeds are very skinny and tall and when i water them they fall over. what should i do?

2. Okay, don't water unless the soil is dry. And if they're skinny and falling over the light is probably too far away from them.

3. Prop them up with sticks or string to keep them upright.
    (tie string from one side of your planting pot to the other, use enough string it pinchs (not tightly) the stalk to keep it upright.)
    If they are taller, put sticks into the soil and do the same with string.

Get a fan blowing slowly over them to build up stalk strength.

As above poster said, get the lights much closer.

If its CFL within 2 inchs at most distance.  (mine always are almost touching)
    Most HID lights about a foot to 18 inchs away.

4. like ^ said, gotta have a fan blowing on the girls 4 stem strength, for now add soil to bury the stem, get the lights closer and have at least 100w actual per girl an ull be good,(common knowledge is 100w for one with 50w for each additional) piss on it, u cant overlight with cfl 

5. All good advise. It's pretty common for seedlings to get top heavy and fall over. They almost always grow out of it and straighten up as they get older and stronger. If your lights close enough and powerful enough, and you have good air flow, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's likely just the difference in strain. You can tie them up, prop them up on a rock or something, or just wait for them to stand up on their own.