Week old plant, new growth bright green.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by marihuanavictim, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I did a quick search and I couldn't really find a consensus. Some said it was normal and then others said all sorts of different deficiencies. It's about a week old barney's farm pineapple express. I'm growing in a 3 gallon bucket with Miracle Grow expand'n gro. I know what most people say about MG but I've heard mixed things about the expand'n gro. It was all I could get around here so I flushed it to cut down on the pre-fertilizer before planting. The water has been ph'ed to about 6.5, but I haven't tested the run-off yet. This is my first grow so I'm picking everything apart and freaking out about every little thing lol. So I'm just looking for a little reassurance and/or guidance. Pics at the bottom (sorry bout the quality).

Attached Files:

2. Went ahead and read the sticky after the fact so I thought I'd go ahead and answer all the question I should have answered right off the bat.

What type of medium?
    Soil.
    What brand and type of soil? MG expand'n gro
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Pineapple express
    How old are the plants? 1 week old
    What type of lights and how many watts? Four 23 watt CFL 6500k.
    How far from the lights? About 6" above
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Whenever the top inch or so is dry. It's tap water that I let sit out and then ph adjust.
    What, how much and when was it fed? I haven't fed anything since it's young and I'm using pre-fertilized soil. I did add a bit of worm castings as top dressing before the last watering but the discoloration had started before that.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Haven't tested runoff yet.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temps are 80-85 F, humidity is a bit low about 40
    What size pots? 3 gallon
    Any bugs? None that I can tell.

3. I thought I'd go ahead and answer all the question I should have in my first post.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil.
    What brand and type of soil? MG expand'n gro
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors.
    What strain? Barney's Pineapple Express.
    How old are the plants? 1 week.
    What type of lights and how many watts? Four 23 watt CFL 6500k.
    How far from the lights? About 6" above.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? When the top inch or so is dry. Tap water that I let sit and then ph adjust.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? No feeding as it is young and I used pre-fertilized soil. I did use about a tsp of worm castings as top dressing before the last watering.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Haven't test runnoff.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 80-85 f, humidity is around 40.
    What size pots? 3 gal.
    Any bugs? none that I can tell.

4. Alright I tested my runoff and the ph is either about 6.2 or it might be lower. Sadly all I have at my disposal are the test strips for aquariums. They only go down to 6.2 so I suppose it could be lower. Since I've got roughly 150 views and no replies I'm going to hope that it's normal and leave everything alone. I feel like if I go around trying to fix everything that could potentially be wrong I'm just going to make things worse. I guess I'll check back in a day or so and hopefully if I'm lucky someone will have provided some insight to either point me in the right direction or tell me chill out.

5. They look fine, relax.

Do not worry too much about nutrients for another 2-3 weeks...just water.

EDIT: what's ph going in?

6. I'm going to say low PH lockout! If I were you, I would try to get the runoff to 6.5 which your strips should be able to read for you!

A low PH will lockout more than 1 nutrient!

7. Ok so after a little more extensive research most of the pics of other pineapple express I found had the same brighter green color to the new growth to varying degrees so I'm leaning towards it just being a normal thing for the strain based on the pics and the fact that the older new growth on my plant is starting to darken up. I'm going to keep an eye on the soil ph just in case but I'm not going to actively try to change anything as of yet.

8. looks healthy as can be dude, keep up the good work

9. LITFA!

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

10. aww its cute ;]