Week 6 of flower. Looking for feed back

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zigge, Jun 12, 2018.

1. 4F98580B-CBB7-4820-96BB-DD277F0B035D.jpeg F7DCDE38-0C45-4DAF-85E6-74AB9A795CEA.jpeg 60A5CDAC-1AC8-4A2D-8117-757FDB9904D9.jpeg 99D2D4EC-42FC-475B-8C0B-F70ED1AF7DBD.jpeg 43AACB2B-DAE3-4259-AF14-9419B14F386F.jpeg CA581777-9F4D-4BE6-BA1C-3C402E8B9580.jpeg A811C27C-9475-4623-A026-276C104FB5CA.jpeg AEA9A5EE-903F-41AE-BACF-09EC649B8A6C.jpeg AC1BF3C9-DC3A-4BA0-B300-03532A1DABBB.jpeg E1278A00-CF1C-4582-AB75-E4617CEDCB23.jpeg 4F98580B-CBB7-4820-96BB-DD277F0B035D.jpeg Hey, new here and posting for the first time. I currently have five ladies 44 days into flower and just wanna know how I’m doing. Fairly new at this and just looking for some feedback. I have two Blueberries, a Whitewidow, a Jack Herer, and a Citrique. Topped once, Canna Terra soil and Fox Farm nutes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good. Might need one more cmh for that size of grow but u are making it work. I am a total fox guy! Welcome to Gc
    My summer journal

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thanks! I actually have another 1000watt that I planned on using, however it kills all the power in the basement when it shorts lol. I’ll need to get a main panel upgrade, or just consider using a smaller watt light next to the current 1000watt I’m using.

I absolutely love Fox Farm, I’m using the main trio, the beastie bloomz, cha-Ching and Open sesame. I also use the wholly mackerel and kelp me, kelp you when in vegg.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice looking plants - good job. :thumbsup: Next time try some training and you'll double your yield.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Im a TEAM FOX , nice work man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. good job man. Those girls look amazing. I am also at day 42 of flower. Here is few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dude, they look dank as hell! Do you use LED?? If so, would you say it’s better than a traditional HPS?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks dude!! I really don’t understand the massive hate they get some places, I’ve seen nothing but great results using them so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 growNepal, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    This is actually a light my friend designed. He is a mechanical engineer. These are led lights. He gave me these lights for free to see how it works. These lights are amazing. Also I wouldnot be able to tell you if it is better than a HPS because I have never used them. But good thing about the Led’s I use are they draw only 280 Watts, also I noticed way faster growth rate during veg compared to cfl which I was using before and my buds are full of trichomes. Infact thres so much trichomes, you can see it in the nearby leaves.
    He is actually trying to patent this light. I told him go ahead. Also he said the light would be priced at only $125.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Welcome to Team Fox around here lol. I quit trying to tell people there stuff is good. So now us fox holers can unite. Mr Grits and Josh are team fox. Yes i have been using the granulars fir about 3 years. That stuff really gives u big resiny buds!! Do u use mykos on ur roots? I really think that helps. I get really tight buds

11. Hey gritzy how did ur smoke turn out?

12. Nice looking colas. Like Mick said, if you get more into LST or supercropping and train more horizontal next time you'll have twice as many big buds. 6 weeks is about the time I start to taper nitrogen and increase p&k about double so the buds swell.

13. Better in some ways. I think LED grown bud is denser but HPS plants tent to grow larger colas that are more filled in. LED may have a slight advantage with a better light spectrum but you can grow just as dank of bud with HPS by running an open hood to increase UV if you can maintain temps. The glass blocks part of the spectrum. Most commercial grows use open hoods for the increase in output and potency. Sometimes you can run a vented rectangular hood and just remove the glass on the bottom. The air flow can keep the fixture reasonably cool so it's like a hybrid open/vented hood.

14. The main advantages LED's have are they can cover the same area with much less wattage. They don't generate as much heat. The spectrum of light is more ideal so optimal grow room temps are higher with led. About 80-82 in flower. With HPS optimal is more about 78.

The main advantage of HPS is setup cost per coverage area. You can get 600 and 1000 watt fixtures for $200 range that are worth running and can cover a large area compared to the same investment in LED grow lighting. Over time the led wins with it's efficiency but HPS is still a viable alternative for sure. It's by far the most common lighting in the commercial indoor grow industry still.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They look beautiful! How long did you veg them for?

Some pics look like you have some leaf curl going on. How close are your lights? I’m not going to pretend I know how to grow with HIDs cause I don’t. It my plants get that same leaf curl if my qb LED light gets too close.

Nice grow, man. I’m subbed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. There is some heat/light stress on some of the leaves but it's almost unavoidable close to summer with an HPS setup. I usually have a little bit of that on my uppermost leaves.

Funny thing is though since I switched to nectar for the gods nutrients my plants are incredibly light tolerant. I have a GDP about 12" or less from my qb260 with 304 boards at full power right now and not a hint of leaf curl.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 21 days since flip to 12/12 light cycle. IMG_0960.JPG

18. TBone, would this advice also be true with autos, or should I stick with 25%-30% of the recommended label’s feeding instructions?

19. I've never grow autos but even autos are annuals. Cannabis is meant to grow and die in one year. It has a certain life cycle and feed rate. It's not much different for autos. The demand for nitrogen peaks about at the end of veg stage and hold steady until after stretch. Then the demand for nitrogen in a cannbis plant starts to go down but only slightly. Then about 6 weeks in flower it starts wanting more phosphorus and potassium at about a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio compared to nitrogen. That's how I finish my plants and that helps them finish smooth with some purple if they have it in them.

It's also known as A.C.E. grow method or autumn color effect.
    Autumn Color Effect
    "By removing nitrogen from plants during mid to late flowering it is possible to mimic the fall changes that would occur in wild cannabis growing outdoors. Called the Autumn Color Effect or A.C.E, this technique forces the plant to use its own stored nutrients to finish flowering, as it would in nature, and decreases chlorophyll levels. The end result is higher quality buds. If done properly, yields will not suffer in the least."

Smoother skunkier, quicker curing buds. It has to be timed right depending on strain. Some like more nitro later or take longer to finish. You need to get to know your plant phenotype to get the most out of it. It takes a few grows with the same genetics to learn it well.

20. Shishhhhh. Keep the prices down LOL

• Like Like x 1