Week 6 No Buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unusual, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Hi I am now entering week 6 of flower but I've noticed the buds aren't really growing fat.

image-448971272.jpg

image-4036829561.jpg

I'm currently using AN connoisseur, carbo load, nirvana & bloombastic.
    In week 1 of flower I used bud blood & week 2-4 used big bud. Some hairs have started changing and I should be flushing a week from now. Any Help!

2. looks sativa, takes a long time to mature and aparently they dont grow big nugs very often

3. your doing the same thing i did at first with my sativa and went off the bottle. i am currently in contact with AN and asking them for a sativa such as this if the line calls for a longer period of using the products(most say week 1-7) when i might need week 1-11

This one might flower for 12 weeks for you before its done..id def not harvest it on week 8, as per the bottle only goes that high, take it a few weeks longer...hopefully An will answer me as how long to feed a sativa for with there products.

4. [quote name='"dudeodan"']your doing the same thing i did at first with my sativa and went off the bottle. i am currently in contact with AN and asking them for a sativa such as this if the line calls for a longer period of using the products(most say week 1-7) when i might need week 1-11

This one might flower for 12 weeks for you before its done..id def not harvest it on week 8, as per the bottle only goes that high, take it a few weeks longer...hopefully An will answer me as how long to feed a sativa for with there products.[/quote]

Dude they have an app that will tell u all that. U just add how many weeks u are growing it for. They don't make specific nutrients for indica or sativa. don't. Believe the bs they just want your money. Like that bottle of kushi kush that they sell designed just for kush strain. Made no diff.
    It also easy to tell. Keep feeding and when u think the plant is ready ( starting to get cloudy trichs) just start to flush.

5. #5 dudeodan, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    ya didnt think about using the web site

And no i didnt fall for the entire grow line like some, i went off someone elses grow that used 4-5 of there product line, with great results

Advanced nutrients Sensi line = Sensi grow 2 part (3.7-0-0) + (2.5-2.2-5.7) - Sensi bloom 2 part (4.3-0-3.1) + (1.5-6.1-5.7) - Sensizyme - Bud blood (0-39-25)- Carboload - Voodoo juice - Overdrive (1-5-4) - B-52 (2-1-4) - Final phase

6. [quote name='"Genocide"']looks sativa, takes a long time to mature and aparently they dont grow big nugs very often[/quote]

The label reads indica/sativa. I have jack herer, train wreck, lemon skunk & fruity chronic juice. All are meant to finish around the same time.

7. Is there anything else I could use at this stage. To help with bud development or just have to wait it now.

8. What kind of setup/ gear are u running.

9. consider throwing a little bootstrap molasses in soon, but the last two weeks you should be flushing so you're almost out of time

10. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']What kind of setup/ gear are u running.[/quote]

600 watt x2 air cooled reflectors
    Bio bizz all mix soil
    11 litre pots

11. Is heat a problem. I had the same thing happen. Really bad heat stress slowed the flowering down alot.

12. just to give a heads up, when it finishes depends mainly on strain....even then, different phenotypes and even within the same phenotype, plants grown from different seeds are just that....different

for instance, an indica

pineapple chunk

! Barneys Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds - Updated:14/08/2012

is supposed to finish in 55 to 60 days (8 - 9 weeks)

BUT, if you ever grow it, you will find it takes roughly ~11 weeks to start getting amber trichs, you can ask many on here who have, including myself lol

THEN, another barney's seed that has sativa AND indica phenotypes

! Barneys Vanilla Kush Feminised Seeds - Updated:14/08/2012

(cannabis cup 2009 winner)

the sativa phenotype actually does finish in 9 weeks (grown side by side next to an 11 week indica p.chunk actually)

the indica phenotype also finishes in 9 weeks

also, nothing wrong with kushie kush! it's almost the exact same thing as big bud.....it's just a bloom booster....you can use it on anything, not exclusive to kush plants

the bottle of big bud i have reigns in at 0-1-3

the bottle of kushie kush i have reigns in at 1-2-5

note:

big bud stinks like dog food...i'm guessing it's the potassium sulfate it has that isn't in kushie kush

kushie kush also stinks, but it's different...not as strong as the dog food smell of big bud....BUT, kk has urea in it (gross! lol) so that might be the weird smell

note2:

the kushie kush on advanced nutrients' site shows a different picture and has "1-3-8" on it

i'm unsure if this is the newer version of kk....and what it's ingredients are

https://www.advancednutrients.com/catalog/us/product_info.php?products_id=235&categories_id=24

the one i have has this picture:

Amazon.com: Advanced Nutrients Kushie Kush - 1L: Patio, Lawn & Garden

but NOT those ratios

it appears advanced nutrients has many different versions of kushie kush....

13. most plants dont swell until the last 2-3 weeks including flush
    they looks great!

14. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']Is heat a problem. I had the same thing happen. Really bad heat stress slowed the flowering down alot.[/quote]

Yh I'm in summer most days it will read 30.6'c. Cooler days it's between 28.5 & 29.8

15. [quote name='"unusual"']

Yh I'm in summer most days it will read 30.6'c. Cooler days it's between 28.5 & 29.8[/quote]

What is that in F