Week 5 outdoor lavender kushh

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jzpoonhandler, May 22, 2011.

1. #41 jzpoonhandler, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    momma is stretchinggggg. She has lots of preflowers but only a handful cracked open with little hairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Lavender Kush is also stretching like crazy and has the same preflower issue. I supercropped her today too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This purple stuff is occuring on 5 or 6 of the tops and i'm kind of concerned, is it a deficiency, virus,etc?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also bought this stuff called seven insecticide and it looks like this
    [​IMG]

is it safe to use on my girls? It said for use in vegetable gardens and such so i figured it would be safe

heres a plant that got eaten, then trampled by some animal but survived. looks like shit but she's coming back to life.

[​IMG]

I'll check the backup girls and put up pics in a few days, but forreal can someone help me out with the purpling?

2. pics are fixed, tell me your thoughts

3. personal opinions,
    purple stuff may just be part of the strains genetics, why its called lavender kush, could be wrong but thats my guess
    i personally wouldn't use the sevin shit, looks like soemthing i wouldn't wanna smoke or eat, regardless of the label
    if the bugs are an issue then try some neem oil, i hear it works wonders, could also try boiling some garlic with the hottest pepper you can find for ten minutes, strainign and then spraying on your plants next time you go up there(i haven't used this personally as i haven't had to but by memory this is hte correct step by step instructions)

4. i had that shit on my plants...and it killed them overnight.

5. the sevin or the purple stuff?

6. Beautiful plants man. And definitely don't use that Sevin stuff.

7. yea its def a phosphorus problem.. although when my plant were outside earlier this year it would get down to 50 and i didnt noice and purple patches what are your temps like?

8. there was about a 40 degree temp change, or more, from day to night around here for a while
    thats what did it i thing

9. THE sun has been good to us and the girls are goin wild. Momma is at 6 ft and all the plants are females.

MOMMA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LAVENDER KUSH with lots of preflowers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PISTILS/PREFLOWERS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backup girls are doing nice too but have the purple patches like the bigger plants

[​IMG]

got some 9's
    [​IMG]

watcha think?

10. I think you're going to have a huge f***ing harvest. find some room to dry it asap.

11. i really hope your right. theres a problem with the drying part, i wanna do it outside in a tent or something of that nature. Does anyone have any ideas about outdoor drying?

12. if you're doing it with a tent this is my advice
    make certain you have rain fly, obviously
    pitch the tent in a discrete location, will take a while and may smell good so don't wan't anyone knowing where it is, also wanna try and find a dark location, light may pose a problem with the quality of oyur budz
    find a way to hang the big buds, with a string and some hangers, maybe soem duct tape too
    get a window screen for the small budz/ popcorn nugz
    get some ice melt(i think thats what it is, like sodium bicarbonate or soem shit, its a dessicant and will be the easiest to find for a good price in high quantities)
    and spread that around the bottom of the tent in a thin layer
    replace if it ever gets too damp or anything, you wanna dry really well
    only ever enter the tent on dry, hot days
    and have a humidity testing thing in there to see what you're relative humidity is

before doing it i would also test the tent by setting it up as you would have it
    setting your humidity tester thing inside the tent
    spraying all around the outside of the tent with your hose and see if the humidity increase at all
    if so it may not work unless you have it in a cave or soemthing

13. Yes, Trimming, Drying, Curing.

Also invest in a mosquito netting. Any camping or outfitters store should have it. Not for mosquitos obviously but to keep the nasty's off your bud. For your health man. :hippie:

14. nice weeds man the purple color on the tops might be mosaic tabbaco virus im not sure but i think i read about it here in grasscity hopefully thats not what it is keep on growing rolling and smoken peace

15. I made a drying bin last night, and realized i need at least 2 more or some other sort of drying method/contraption. I made it out of one of those big tupperware bins, cut out squares on both ends and replaced it with sliding door screen. then ran strings on the inside

16. Momma is seriously growing now, she grows almost 2 inches every day. Theres so many bud sites I def have to start getting my drying materials prepared. Some parts are turning purp because of temperature at night. I also saw a few purple calyx's with pink hairs :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She seems to be veryyy sativa dominant
    (photochopped b/c exposure was fuckedup)
    [​IMG]

The lavender kush is getting branchier and approaching 5 ft. The backup girls are all flowering and branching up too, but I won't have pics for another week or so

[​IMG]

The purpling is on almost every plant and im certain it has to do with temp. Doesn't look like it's doing much harm.

[​IMG]

17. #58 jzpoonhandler, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    I have to reach for the top of momma's branch know. Can't wait for harvest, it's going to be huge!!

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. [​IMG]

This is a video just click on the picture

19. Really hope that video had its EXIF data stripped clean of it. Basically if you used your iphone or phone it can be tracked...by rippers with the right know how its not hard to use google maps to find where it is.

Also all seems well dude, make sure you dont have a geocache nearby when she gets smelly...;)