week 5 of flower, fan leaves dying and growth stalled.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by dingdong, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Hi all, 
       I have these plants in coco, feeding 3 ml/liter AN coco bloom, just switched from 2 ml/liter big bud to 2 ml/ liter overdrive, a bit of cal mag +, and occasional foliar seaweed/aloe spray. A few of the fan leaves have started to yellow from the ends of the largest leaf blades and then turning brown and dying. The leaves feel very crispy and dry. Growth was fantastic at first, I overfed them a bit in the first week of flower but they recovered nicely. The top leaves suffered a bit of what I thought was light burn so I moved the lights up a little, temps are 82 F at the canopy, 65 at night. Growth has slowed a lot, not sure if that is normal for week 5, very few new calyxes are forming and most of the hairs have turned orange brown. Here are some photos. I'm not sure if I am over or under feeding the bloom nutes.... ? 
    Any help would be appreciated. 

Attached Files:

2. Well its hard to say really. Looks to be either extreme nutrient burn or a micro nutrient deficiency.

One thing I can say for certain is you should -stop- foliar spraying during flower. Besides potentially having to smoke the stuff your spraying onto the buds you're inviting bud rot to take ahold of your flowers. Be careful.

3. First thing I do when something goes wrong.....  check the PH.  Make sure it's in the correct range.  I've noticed growth tends to slow down around week 5 or 6...  Seems like the plant starts to focus 100% on the buds...  kinda makes it seem like the growth slows... then in another week or so... the buds usually start to swell..  At least from my limited experience and I'm sure a lot of it can be strain dependent..

4. Hard to say dude......I'd totally stop spraying the fan leaves.

5. Plus it doesn't look like all the leaves r like that. Just a few. If it was the whole plant. Then it's under fed. When u over feed the tips look diff