week 4 progress and a brown spot or two

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigGreenHulk, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,

This Sunday will be wrapping up the 4th week. Here is a 2 week seedling pic and then as of today. I noticed a few brown spots but only on a few of the lower leaves..not sure if I got water on them while watering and the light "burnt" them or if someone with more experience can educate me on it that would be great.

I started nutes this week at 25% and worked up to 50% for today's feeding. Then ill get to 75% and finally reach 100% by end of next week. I alternate plain water and nute feedings (I was told too by locals). and follow a pretty hefty nutes feeding that I will be creating a separate thread for after this.

I will also be topping today as well as they are all between 4 and 5 nodes.

Here is my nute schedule below. I have them growing in a 50/50 of a foxfarm low nutrient soil (happy frog I believe - its a brown and white bag.) and pro-mix.

added:: I watered today .. 2 gallons of water with nutes at 50% of what is prescribed in pic

last time I watered with nutes i did 3 gallons. 2 with nutes at 25%, and the 3rd was plain water and they seemed very overwatered for the next day and a half.. so i went a bit lighter this time with next to no run off after watering

Comments and input are welcome, thank you

Attached Files:

2. Early signs of calmag def

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hmmm I was thinking that myself.. there is a pic of my nutrient list. Are you able to tell if any of the supplements I have cover that, or should I urgently add some to the regimen tomorrow? Thanks for your time

4. According to that feed chat, you need some of their "MassBoost" product if you have it. If not simply adding in some calmag supplements at half strength should do you just fine. I add calmag in myself honestly. Most nute packs don't really come with much calmag in them to begin with, just watch your ppm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ok thanks, I do have the massboost and I did add it the first feed with nutes a few days ago as well as today at 50%. But it really does seem like an insignificant amount that the list calls for but apparently Aptus is "VERY" concentrated according to my local shop. Tomorrow I'll head over to a new shop I stumbled upon that really seemed to be on the ball! I can grab Cal mag there for sure if this is indeed the case. Thanks

6. Oh I should add I also HAVE all these as well in this list that are called for the flower cycle ..sensizyme is on there and I believe that us cal mag. If i need to add ..I'm lost but appreciate the guidance

add:: I JUST NOTICED the bottom of the list mentions cal mag! I think you nailed it and thats what I have to add asap

Attached Files:

7. Calmag isn't usually an issue until flower, but it happens. Glad to help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cal and mag def are 2 completely different issues and you can see them at any time due to the plant needing both from day 1 cal for
    Roots then later for fruits

Mag for chlorophyll both are needed and one can block out the other......

Wish people would stop banding them together there not the same.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. You're right, but I see both in there, blanket statemented it for sure.

10. None of ypur issues are cal or mag.

If anything possibly mag but deffo not cal at all.

Whats your temps and hum
    Also are ypu lettimg the soil become fairly dry before adding more water? Do you lift ypur pots before water too see if its needed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Surely if you added all of the advanced nutrients line in to your mix like it says on that chart your EC/ppm would be sky rocket and you would get toxicity problems there the only company that has so many products are they really necessary ... I use there big bud and overdrive with great results so I'm not slagging them off

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 BigGreenHulk, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Temps are always around 77-81.. tent and lights are cooled and vented out
    Hum is about mid 30s upwards to 50% after watering in there and then it tapers back down with time as they dry

I let the soil get very dry.. I should water every other but at times there still is abit of moisture I will wait a day or half a day to be safe.. I get them nice and thirsty before I water them. I lift them before and after.. nice and heavy when wet and light as a feather when dry.

So when I added everything on the advanced cycle to the gallon of water at 50% strength the ppm read 374ppm. I use really good water that goes through 9 stages (one i recently learned this week is reverse osmosis, hence the cal mag needed to be added back to the water)

So when at a full strength, a gallon should be around the 750s for ppm if I just double it...I am glad you like what you have used with them.. This is my first run so its my first go around with everything lol but I appreciate people like everyone who contributed to helping out. Communities like this are amazing!

But after a trip to a different local shop, thanks to them btw, they gave their opinion as cal mag deficiency of off pics without me saying anything. I picked up cal-mag by botanicare. I was told to add 5ml to a gallon for dosing.

Can someone with experience confirm the dosing?
    AND
    Since I did a light watering yesterday with no run off, do I whip up a quick gallon of cal mag only and add a bit to each today, or do I let them dry out completely and add this to the regimen of nutes in 4 or 5 days because the next watering tomorrow or Monday is scheduled to be just plain water and nutes again 2-3 days after that so I am looking at Thursday-ish for nutes with cal-mag if I wait.

Thanks guys