Week 3 seedling issues

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Joelleair26, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,
    My seedlings are slowly turning light green from the inner leaf towards the tip. I’m confused about what deficiency are going on. Someone please let me know what I can do to correct this.

Brief description on what I’m doing.
    Used Random seeds to practice before I actually use my feminized seeds. But this is day 21.
    Just transplanted the one seedling into the one gallon smart pot Yesterday.
    Been watering with pH 5.6-6.4 since germination stage About every other day
    Since I am using Big City Hydro Coco Coir I have been giving nutes after the first week (emerald harvest Cali pro grow A & B) giving them half strength so I wouldn’t send them to shock.
    600watt LED light about 20” away (initially started 30 inches away but was getting stunt growth so moved it one inch closer everyday until I got got 18 inches.
    The weather has been crazy high (100 degrees Fahrenheit)
    Do to financial hardships I cannot afford a good thermostat. I have two fans in the tent so the air is consistently moving. W/ exhaust vent as well.
    Besides my temps fluctuating from 70-100 degrees with 45-70% humidity what else precautions or constructive criticism everyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
    I got some runoff water and flushed from the seedlings in the aluminum tray so those look heavily watered.
    Please let me know if any other information is necessary (don’t have a ppm meter)

upload_2019-7-18_10-30-54.jpeg upload_2019-7-18_10-31-23.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-18_11-3-35.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-18_11-4-7.jpeg
    First time grower ever so I’m not expecting high yield or Grade A smoke but learning to appreciate the herb for what she is. And correcting any wrongs for future grows.

• Like Like x 1
  2. They only look a few days old - not 3 weeks.
    Consider adding 30% perlite to your mix when you transplant. More aeration = more oxygen to the roots = fast growth.
    I feed 1/4 strength nutes every day from sprout to run off. They look hungry to me.
    These plants are 3 weeks from sprout for a comparison. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)
    21 days old.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you. I will get some perlite today. And up date you in a couple days. If things get better or worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1