Week 3 Purple Kush Clone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joemacnin, May 19, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, just registeret cuz everytime i looked up something on bud it gave me forums to this site, and suprisingly, i found a lot of info. so i got a clone from a legit source of purple kush, i live in SF so its legit. i know, i know, clone form only blah blah blah, hard to find, blah blah. wutever. all im really asking is for help. its in a 6" pot right now and week 3 is about to start. im using miracle grow soil (cuz im a dumbass), and it's getting about 7 to 8 hours of sunlight, and then i bring it indoors under 1 150 watt CFL with hood, about 3-4 inches away. i have it under light for 24/0, im no pro, but i think thats the way to go for flowering. It's about 8 inches high, and very very bushy on the inside. here the pics, and any info on what i should do would help. i do know how to grow, but like i said, im not pro. what should I do about the PH? what nutes should i use, because i havent used any yet?? ( i go to orchard supply hardware only) I don't know, just any info would help. heres the pic's, let me know. thanks to all tha stoners out there.

Attached Files:

2. You may want to start by readin the stickies on this site. They can tell you nearly everything you need to know. That's a good looking plant though.

3. I think you mean veg. Unless you are ready to flower her, then no 24/0 is not going to grow any budsites at all.

4. yea, mybad, i meant veg.

5. so at that height, (by the way, it grew like an inch and a half since my first post on the 18th), you guys think i should put it in flower, or wait another 2 weeks??? im not gunna top it, cuz its already got a bunch of shoots coming out already, and i want, and kinda need the plant to stay squat and bushy. If I flower it now, which is week 3, will it grow a lot more??? less yield??? anything would help guys. thanks i'm new to this site, what are the stickies??

p.s. i potted the clone on the 1st of may so the schedule would be lot easier, didnt try, just kinda happened that way.

6. Yeah, if you want it to stay short and squat flower it now. It'll maybe double in size over the course. That's a maybe though. Not all strains stretch alot during flower. It will grow more during the first 2 weeks of 12/12 though because it is still technically in veg. So at what is it, nearly 10 inches? You should wind up with a plant under 2ft definitely.

7. #7 DankSeeker, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
    I just finished this strain:
    One of the best indicas I have ever had.
    She doesn't stretch much and is a nice yielder. 8 weeks flower is dead on, give or take.
    I ran mine in Kelloggs Patio Mix, used their organic nutes, plus some ACCT teas.
    I just prefer organic; lot less hassle and money, but I'm sure she'd grow out well in any proven program. Very easy plant to grow with no special needs.
    As for when to flower, that depends on how much you want and are willing to wait. Flower now and as long as you provide proper light, water, nutrition, etc. and you'll be in the 3/4 -1oz range. Give her a month and you could double the yield, but that all depends on how you grow her out.
    Stickies are the posts that are permanently at the top of each category, like this one and are labeled "sticky".

8. perfect, so im just gunna wait til the 28th, (1 more week) and then into flower. That will be 28 days exactly from when i potted it. i just checked today, and the roots are showing on the bottom. GOOD SIGN. Im actually really stunned on how good the miracle grow soil is doin. i know if i wait longer i'll get more, but i need it to stay short. So you just finished p kush??? how'd it go??? got any pics??

9. Run over to your local hydro store, mine is green goddess but wherever u feel comfortable going is what matters. buy a hood and bulb and make a small box with holes for vents and your done. where do you plan on flowering by the way? outdoors in this weather wont do anything so keep it inside

10. #10 joemacnin, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    i already have a hood and a 150 watt cfl setup in my closet. that's wut ive been doing, bringing it out all day to get as much sun as possible, and then put it straight in my closet. i live in SF and on accuweather in says that the sunrises and sets in 14.8 hours. So wut ur saying is right, right??? cuz that would be 10 hours of dark. is that enough to flower??? ok, and so my overall plan is to keep it outside, (on my roof, SOOO much sun) and when its been 12 hours (around 7 or 8pm) cover it completely so no lite hits it. any thoughts????

Attached Files: