Week 1 flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Adam4200, Jul 23, 2016.

1. so I am coming close to the end of week 1 flowering I have never gave my plants anything except PH'd water I was wondering if I should do anything to help my plants!

2. Post some pics of your plants! And what medium are you growing in?

3. image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. no need to PH the water in organic soil. plants look good btw.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Also I was wondering if it matters when I feed them do they need to be scheduled or when ever I notice they need water

7. what are they growing in?

8. then you should probably already be top dressing with something. i recommend you get some good quality worm castings/vermicompost and some kelp meal and top dress.

9. You might find that your plants will "lose steam" the further you get into flowering and especially in a smaller (4-5 gallon) pot of Fox Farms soil.

Fox Farms intentionally does this - only adds a small amount of organic fertilizers so that the gardener is forced to hit the Hydro Store to buy some liquid Fox Farms fertilizer. Hey - they're out to make $$. I guess I can't blame them.

*If these were my plants* I would pick up a small bag of kelp meal and some worm castings. The Epsoma company sells small 5 gallon bags of ground kelp meal and I'm sure some others do, too.

You want kelp meal and not seaweed extract. I would top dress your pots with a solid inch of worm castings and work it gently into the surface of the soil with your fingertips. I'd also generously sprinkle kelp meal in and work that in also. These two items will really help your plants with any nutrition that might be missing or run out the further you get into flowering.

You can also make a good "kelp tea" by adding a cupful of kelp meal to a 5 gallon watering pail and allowing it to soak for 2-3 days, stirring it up here and there. An air pump and air stone would help keep things agitated during the soak but isn't entirely necessary. Use the kelp tea once a week for the next 5-6 weeks.

Nice plants - good job.

J

• Like Like x 3